fast switch loses internet connection

Kathy

      25th Sep 2003
Why, when I switch users, (not log off) does my internet
connection break? It's very annoying to keep redialing
(nasty 56K!)

According to MS article 305896 "SYMPTOMS
When you connect to an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
and then switch to a different user, the Internet
connection remains active without displaying a message.
STATUS
This behavior is by design."

I tried AT&T online chat....the guy said it was an MS
issue.

Any help is appreciated!

Kelly

      25th Sep 2003
Hi Kathy,

Keep Ras Connection within Fast User Switching (Line 32)

All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP
[AE-Windows® XP]

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers

"Kathy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:12df01c38317$d52a6e00$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why, when I switch users, (not log off) does my internet
> connection break? It's very annoying to keep redialing
> (nasty 56K!)
>
> According to MS article 305896 "SYMPTOMS
> When you connect to an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
> and then switch to a different user, the Internet
> connection remains active without displaying a message.
> STATUS
> This behavior is by design."
>
> I tried AT&T online chat....the guy said it was an MS
> issue.
>
> Any help is appreciated!

Kathy

      25th Sep 2003
Fantastic, thanks Kelley and thanks for your site!!