failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to st

=?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXJhbE9ETGVl?=

      25th Jul 2006
Error reads:

Service 'Windows Defender Service' (Windefend) failed to start. Verifty
that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am running Windows XP and Im not sure if I have installed SP2. Im having
tons of trouble with spyware because I cannot get this d/led for the real
time protection. Anyone figure a way to conquer this error? Any help would
be great!

-Chris

=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdmVuaWFuX1RlZW5hZ2VyMTc=?=

      25th Jul 2006
To check which SP you have installed go to start, go to run, and there type
winver
there you will see a popup window which shows, SP2, or SP1!
--
I like computer science...

"GeneralODLee" wrote:

> Error reads:
>
> Service 'Windows Defender Service' (Windefend) failed to start. Verifty
> that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
>
> I am running Windows XP and Im not sure if I have installed SP2. Im having
> tons of trouble with spyware because I cannot get this d/led for the real
> time protection. Anyone figure a way to conquer this error? Any help would
> be great!
>
> -Chris

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      25th Jul 2006
Does AutoUpdate work on your system?
Try going to Windows Update and applying all offered critical updates.
http://update.microsoft.com
--

"GeneralODLee" wrote:

> Error reads:
>
> Service 'Windows Defender Service' (Windefend) failed to start. Verifty
> that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
>
> I am running Windows XP and Im not sure if I have installed SP2. Im having
> tons of trouble with spyware because I cannot get this d/led for the real
> time protection. Anyone figure a way to conquer this error? Any help would
> be great!
>
> -Chris

=?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXJhbE9ETGVl?=

      25th Jul 2006
No... Autoupdate is not working on my system for some stupid reason. I get
an error in the browser when I try and run it... its starting to get very
frustrating... I have tons of spywaye on my comp and Im really sutck here as
of right now.

-Chris

"Engel" wrote:

> Does AutoUpdate work on your system?
> Try going to Windows Update and applying all offered critical updates.
> http://update.microsoft.com
> --
>
> "GeneralODLee" wrote:
>
> > Error reads:
> >
> > Service 'Windows Defender Service' (Windefend) failed to start. Verifty
> > that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.
> >
> > I am running Windows XP and Im not sure if I have installed SP2. Im having
> > tons of trouble with spyware because I cannot get this d/led for the real
> > time protection. Anyone figure a way to conquer this error? Any help would
> > be great!
> >
> > -Chris

=?Utf-8?B?RW5nZWw=?=

      25th Jul 2006