Fail to uninstall network adapter

=?Utf-8?B?Tmlscw==?=

      27th Sep 2006
Hi there !

I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.

Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
device manager which cause problem to the system
( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
I can only disable them.
If I try to uninstall I get the message :

Fail to uninstall the device.
The device may be required to boot up the computer.

How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

John John

      27th Sep 2006
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146333/en-us

John

Nils wrote:

> Hi there !
>
> I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
>
> Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
> device manager which cause problem to the system
> ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
> I can only disable them.
> If I try to uninstall I get the message :
>
> Fail to uninstall the device.
> The device may be required to boot up the computer.
>
> How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

NoStop

      28th Sep 2006
Nils wrote:

> Hi there !
>
> I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
>
> Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
> device manager which cause problem to the system
> ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
> I can only disable them.
> If I try to uninstall I get the message :
>
> Fail to uninstall the device.
> The device may be required to boot up the computer.
>
> How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

Remove the first card?

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

You just can't play games on Linux!
http://tinyurl.com/kgszl

=?Utf-8?B?Tmlscw==?=

      28th Sep 2006

"NoStop" wrote:

> Nils wrote:
>
> > Hi there !
> >
> > I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
> >
> > Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
> > device manager which cause problem to the system
> > ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
> > I can only disable them.
> > If I try to uninstall I get the message :
> >
> > Fail to uninstall the device.
> > The device may be required to boot up the computer.
> >
> > How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

> Remove the first card?

Same problem ( high Kernel load ), even all cards removed,
one of them in or both in ...

Nils

NoStop

      29th Sep 2006
Nils wrote:

> "NoStop" wrote:
>
>> Nils wrote:
>>
>> > Hi there !
>> >
>> > I tried several times to add a second Ethernet-Card, but failed.
>> >
>> > Now there are sveral network adapter (#2 & #3 ) shown in the
>> > device manager which cause problem to the system
>> > ( high Kernel load and problems with log-in ).
>> > I can only disable them.
>> > If I try to uninstall I get the message :
>> >
>> > Fail to uninstall the device.
>> > The device may be required to boot up the computer.
>> >
>> > How can I uninstall these device-drivers ?

>> Remove the first card?

> Same problem ( high Kernel load ), even all cards removed,
> one of them in or both in ...
>
> Nils

Then you must appreciate the bullshit error message Windoze is throwing up?
If there is no NIC in the computer, how could removing a driver for a
non-existent NIC prevent the computer from booting? I'd guess that Windoze
has done what it's famous for doing - it's screwed up. Sorry, but I don't
have an answer for this problem. Looks like plug 'n pray has fallen again.

Good luck!

Cheers.