Extending the C: or OS partition

Brian

      7th Oct 2003
My computer currently has one hard drive that is
partitioned into 2 drives (C: and D. WinXP is installed
on C:. I deleted the D: partition to make room to expand
my C: partition so that it uses up the entire drive. How
do I make my C: partition larger without screwing up the
stuff already installed on the C: drive? Thanks...

Mark S.

      7th Oct 2003

news:0fb401c38d20$8d9cf6d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer currently has one hard drive that is
> partitioned into 2 drives (C: and D. WinXP is installed
> on C:. I deleted the D: partition to make room to expand
> my C: partition so that it uses up the entire drive. How
> do I make my C: partition larger without screwing up the
> stuff already installed on the C: drive? Thanks...

Brian, you would need a 3rd party application to do this non-destructively.
Two come to mind: Partition Magic by Powerquest, and Partition Expert by
Acronis. Both work fine, can be downloaded from the internet. The latter is
about $45 to download from www.acronis.com

MarkS