extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro

Gordon Darling

      2nd Dec 2004
extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro that produces
PDF files with extended features.

About:
extendedPDF is an OpenOffice.org macro that converts an OpenOffice document
into a PDF document. The output includes the original document's headings
as PDF bookmarks, and includes the original hyperlinks as PDF hyperlinks.
Document meta-information (such as title, author, and keywords) is also
added.

Changes:
The user now has full control over the color of hyperlink boxes. Links to
files work better. All document types are converted via Ghostscript for
improved PDF quality.

Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/extendedpdf/

Homepage:
http://www.jdisoftware.co.uk/pages/epdf-home.php

Regards
Gordon

scootgirl.com

      2nd Dec 2004
"Gordon Darling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro that produces
> PDF files with extended features.
>
> About:
> extendedPDF is an OpenOffice.org macro that converts an OpenOffice
> document
> into a PDF document. The output includes the original document's headings
> as PDF bookmarks, and includes the original hyperlinks as PDF hyperlinks.
> Document meta-information (such as title, author, and keywords) is also
> added.
>
> Changes:
> The user now has full control over the color of hyperlink boxes. Links to
> files work better. All document types are converted via Ghostscript for
> improved PDF quality.
>
> Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
> License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
> Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/extendedpdf/
>
> Homepage:
> http://www.jdisoftware.co.uk/pages/epdf-home.php
>
> Regards
> Gordon

That is a BEAR to install - I tried over the weekend. I never did figure out
how to get it to work.

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/

Gordon Darling

      3rd Dec 2004
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:04:56 -0800, scootgirl.com wrote:

> "Gordon Darling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> extendedPDF 1.2 - An OpenOffice.org macro that produces
>> PDF files with extended features.
>>
>> About:
>> extendedPDF is an OpenOffice.org macro that converts an OpenOffice
>> document
>> into a PDF document. The output includes the original document's headings
>> as PDF bookmarks, and includes the original hyperlinks as PDF hyperlinks.
>> Document meta-information (such as title, author, and keywords) is also
>> added.

<snip>

> That is a BEAR to install - I tried over the weekend. I never did figure out
> how to get it to work.

I've had problems with the last two releases as well Karen. However, that
may be more to do with the fact that I've managed to totally screw up my
OpenOffice install (on Mandrake Linux 10.1) than anything to do with
extendedPDF 1.2. I'm going to do an clean install of the latest
OpenOffice (OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc) on this Mandrake machine and on a
Win2K machine and then install extendedPDF 1.2 over the weekend. I will
report in due course unless the machines get thrown out of the window in
frustration!

Regards
Gordon

Gordon Darling

      7th Dec 2004
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 23:41:21 +0000, Gordon Darling wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:04:56 -0800, scootgirl.com wrote:
>
>> [quoted text muted]

> <snip>
>
>> [quoted text muted]

> I've had problems with the last two releases as well Karen. However, that
> may be more to do with the fact that I've managed to totally screw up my
> OpenOffice install (on Mandrake Linux 10.1) than anything to do with
> extendedPDF 1.2. I'm going to do an clean install of the latest
> OpenOffice (OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc) on this Mandrake machine and on a
> Win2K machine and then install extendedPDF 1.2 over the weekend. I will
> report in due course unless the machines get thrown out of the window in
> frustration!

Still no further along. Clean install of OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc &
extendedPDF 1.2 on a Win2K machine falls over with

"Error 91 occurred
Object variable not set
(at line: 841)"

Clean install of OpenOffice.org 1.1.4rc &
extendedPDF 1.2 on a Mandrake 10.1 machine just doesn't work.

Most annoying. I think I'll give up on this for the moment and see if
later versions are any better.

Regards
Gordon

scootgirl.com

      7th Dec 2004
"Gordon Darling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
[snip]
> Most annoying. I think I'll give up on this for the moment and see if
> later versions are any better.
>
> Regards
> Gordon

I think that "free" version is just a scam to get you to buy their
commercial version with easy install.

I'm no comp. n00b, and you don't sound like one either.

Karen
http://scootgirl.com/

Gordon Darling

      8th Dec 2004
On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 14:24:18 -0800, scootgirl.com wrote:

> "Gordon Darling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [snip]
>> Most annoying. I think I'll give up on this for the moment and see if
>> later versions are any better.

> I think that "free" version is just a scam to get you to buy their
> commercial version with easy install.
>
> I'm no comp. n00b, and you don't sound like one either.

To be fair the earlier versions worked OK. It seems that the split to
trying to maintain two feature sets is causing the author problems.

Regards
Gordon