Expression errors on an import

Annamal

      8th Apr 2010
Hey guys, I need some help here. I am getting expression errors on a database
I have been managing for years now. When I import a spreadsheet into my
database and then run a query to import the new data from the spreadsheet
into a current table some of the column names are being changed to - Expr1:
followed by the original name of the column. I have run numerous tests to
make sure the column names are the exact same and they are. This is the first
time this has happened and I would like to fix the problem before I have to
import more data next month. Any suggestions.

afolabia

      18th May 2010
What are you using to separate one field from the other (tab, comma, semi
colon, etc)? It sounds like you have your delimited field somewhere in the
data you are importing (tab, comma, semi colon, etc) in your data.

Try using the quotation field (" or ') preferably the double quote when
specifying your delimiter during import; this will align your data.