Express Gate

Des

      28th Feb 2009
Mi guys

Have a strange error message on this new motherboard (M3N78 - PRO ).
It only apears briefly, and I had to photograph it to read it. The PC
boots up fine works fine too.

Error Code 8C000002

Express gate is not installed on your system or the instalation is
incomplete. To get internet access
within seconds of starting your computer, please use express gate
installer to install express gate

Press any key to continue

Any ideas on this one.

Desmond.

Paul

      28th Feb 2009
Des wrote:
> Mi guys
>
> Have a strange error message on this new motherboard (M3N78 - PRO ).
> It only apears briefly, and I had to photograph it to read it. The PC
> boots up fine works fine too.
>

> Error Code 8C000002
>
> Express gate is not installed on your system or the instalation is
> incomplete. To get internet access
> within seconds of starting your computer, please use express gate
> installer to install express gate
>
> Press any key to continue
>
> Any ideas on this one.
>

> Desmond.

Have you tried going into the BIOS and disabling Express Gate ?
It is mentioned in your manual (BIOS section). If the paper copy
of the manual is too fuzzy to read, I find the downloadable
PDF version is good.

Express Gate ("Splashtop") is a kind of mini OS for your motherboard.
It allows doing a limited amount of stuff, and boots up in five seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_Gate

On low end motherboards, Express Gate software is stored on
a hard drive. So, to get rid of the error above, installing
Express Gate would give the firmware something to do. Disabling
Express Gate in the BIOS, would likely bypass the attempt to
start the mini-OS.

On some motherboards, Asus actually includes some kind of
flash memory device onboard, such that Express Gate can be
entirely held in flash. In that case, you wouldn't be
seeing the error, because the Express Gate stuff would
already be installed. That appears to be a part of
the P6T Deluxe. For other motherboards, the Express Gate
is installed by the user, and the necessary files are
stored on a hard drive.

Best guess,
Paul

Des

      28th Feb 2009
On Feb 28, 8:08*am, Paul <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Des wrote:
> > Mi guys

> > Have a strange error message on this new motherboard (M3N78 - PRO ).
> > It only apears briefly, and I had to photograph it to read it. The PC
> > boots up fine works fine too.

> > * * * * * * * Error Code 8C000002

> > Express gate is not installed on your system or the instalation is
> > incomplete. To get internet access
> > within seconds of starting your computer, please use express gate
> > installer to install express gate

> > * * * * * * * *Press any key to continue

> > Any ideas on this one.

> > Desmond.

> Have you tried going into the BIOS and disabling Express Gate ?
> It is mentioned in your manual (BIOS section). If the paper copy
> of the manual is too fuzzy to read, I find the downloadable
> PDF version is good.
>
> Express Gate ("Splashtop") is a kind of mini OS for your motherboard.
> It allows doing a limited amount of stuff, and boots up in five seconds.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Express_Gate
>
> On low end motherboards, Express Gate software is stored on
> a hard drive. So, to get rid of the error above, installing
> Express Gate would give the firmware something to do. Disabling
> Express Gate in the BIOS, would likely bypass the attempt to
> start the mini-OS.
>
> On some motherboards, Asus actually includes some kind of
> flash memory device onboard, such that Express Gate can be
> entirely held in flash. In that case, you wouldn't be
> seeing the error, because the Express Gate stuff would
> already be installed. That appears to be a part of
> the P6T Deluxe. For other motherboards, the Express Gate
> is installed by the user, and the necessary files are
> stored on a hard drive.
>
> Best guess,
> * * Paul

Ok thanks for your help.