export to excel 190,000 records

Plog

      17th Feb 2010
I am new to Access but have a query with 190,000 records but only 5 columns.
I need to create excel reports based on sorted or filtered information.

There are about 20 differing items in the 5th column
There are about 80 differing items in the 4th column
Columns 2 & 3 have times in them (minutes)
Column 1 has 4 different items.

I need to sort initially by the 4th, then the 5th, then the 1st so that I
can then add up the total minutes in columns 2 & 3 by the different groups
and work out %age differences.

I hope this makes sense, any ideas???
Thanks

Jerry Whittle

      17th Feb 2010
What version of Access and Excel? Versions of Excel older than 2007 can not
handle that many records. Versoins of Access older than 2007 can not export
that many records to an xls or xlsx file (but there is a work-around).
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP