Export distribution list into excel

Eric Wang

      20th Apr 2010
Hi , guys:
I'm working with Outlook 2007, I need to export a distribution list
containing user's names and email address into an excel sheet.
If I select all the rows and copy past, it only pasts the title of the
distribution list. Can I get more details for the DL? or there is any other
method to export the DL to excel , could anyone help me ?
thanks.

Russ Valentine

      20th Apr 2010
DL's do not support export and import. The best thing to do is save the DL
as a text file then open it in Excel as a tab or comma delimited file.
--
Russ Valentine
"Eric Wang" <Eric (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi , guys:
> I'm working with Outlook 2007, I need to export a distribution list
> containing user's names and email address into an excel sheet.
> If I select all the rows and copy past, it only pasts the title of the
> distribution list. Can I get more details for the DL? or there is any
> other
> method to export the DL to excel , could anyone help me ?
> thanks.

Karl Timmermans

      20th Apr 2010
Copy 'n Paste should work as suggested here by many but you can also take
advantage of the PDL export function (no limitations for this option) in
ContactGenie Toolkit (http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook.htm).
Exports to a CSV file (open in Excel and save as a worksheet if required).

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com