PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Explorer "Tools" "Folder Options" "Tile Types" not showing allextensions

 
 
robert.ah.prins@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      2nd Oct 2008
How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

Thanks,

Robert
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Shenan Stanley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      2nd Oct 2008
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
> like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...


Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Example search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Windo...ile+extensions

Example find:
http://www.windowsreference.com/wind...in-windows-xp/

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
prino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      2nd Oct 2008
On Oct 2, 8:56 pm, "Shenan Stanley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
> > like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

>
> Search using Google!
> http://www.google.com/
> (How-to:http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html)
>
> Example search:http://www.google.com/search?q=Windo...ows+XP+show+al...
>
> Example find:http://www.windowsreference.com/wind...all-file-exten...


Yes, I know *that* setting!

What I want is the "Tools", "Folder Options", "File Types" tab of
Explorer to show me *ALL* extensions, including, as mentioned .BAT
and .EXE etc.

Robert
 
Reply With Quote
 
Shenan Stanley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      2nd Oct 2008
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including
> extensions like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...


Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Search using Google!
> http://www.google.com/
> (How-to:http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html)
>
> Example
> search:http://www.google.com/search?q=Windo...ows+XP+show+al...
>
> Example
> find:http://www.windowsreference.com/wind...all-file-exten...


prino wrote:
> Yes, I know *that* setting!
>
> What I want is the "Tools", "Folder Options", "File Types" tab of
> Explorer to show me *ALL* extensions, including, as mentioned .BAT
> and .EXE etc.


You mean the "Registered File Types" listing.
At this point, I don't know how (if you can) show some of the more security
sensitive file extensions there.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


 
Reply With Quote
 
Alan Edwards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      2nd Oct 2008
I assume you would have to change the EditFlags for each file type in
the Registry to allow them to show.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
http://dts-l.com/index.htm



On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT), in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
>like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robert

 
Reply With Quote
 
prino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      3rd Oct 2008
I found a 'batfile' key, saved its "EditFlags" (were 0x00000430) and
set them to 0x00000000. Rebooted.

ZILCH!

..BAT still doesn't show up...

Puzzled... (and ****ed off)

Robert


On Oct 2, 10:19 pm, Alan Edwards <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I assume you would have to change the EditFlags for each file type in
> the Registry to allow them to show.
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorerhttp://dts-l.com/index.htm
>
> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT), in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "(E-Mail Removed)"
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
> >like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Alan Edwards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      3rd Oct 2008
Sorry about that. I remember it worked in Win98 (Bit 1, byte 0 if set
removed the file type from File Types tab) and really should have
looked at it in XP before responding.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer
http://dts-l.com/index.htm


On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:28:59 -0700 (PDT), in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, prino <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I found a 'batfile' key, saved its "EditFlags" (were 0x00000430) and
>set them to 0x00000000. Rebooted.
>
>ZILCH!
>
>.BAT still doesn't show up...
>
>Puzzled... (and ****ed off)
>
>Robert
>
>
>On Oct 2, 10:19 pm, Alan Edwards <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I assume you would have to change the EditFlags for each file type in
>> the Registry to allow them to show.
>>
>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorerhttp://dts-l.com/index.htm
>>
>> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT), in
>> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "(E-Mail Removed)"
>>
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
>> >like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

 
Reply With Quote
 
Rey Santos
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      3rd Oct 2008
Maybe you mean to show exrensions of known file types. Its in Tools > Folder
options > View tab, uncheck "Hide extensions of known file types". If this is
checked .bat, .exe, etc won't show in explorer.
--
Rey


"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
> like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Robert
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
prino
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      3rd Oct 2008
The solution is patently obvious, NOT!

Select 'New', enter the required non-showing extension, e.g. BAT and
click on 'Advanced' and then 'OK', et voila, it appears!

Robert

On Oct 3, 9:02 am, Alan Edwards <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Sorry about that. I remember it worked in Win98 (Bit 1, byte 0 if set
> removed the file type from File Types tab) and really should have
> looked at it in XP before responding.
>
> ...Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorerhttp://dts-l.com/index.htm
>
> On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:28:59 -0700 (PDT), in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, prino <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >I found a 'batfile' key, saved its "EditFlags" (were 0x00000430) and
> >set them to 0x00000000. Rebooted.

>
> >ZILCH!

>
> >.BAT still doesn't show up...

>
> >Puzzled... (and ****ed off)

>
> >Robert

>
> >On Oct 2, 10:19 pm, Alan Edwards <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> I assume you would have to change the EditFlags for each file type in
> >> the Registry to allow them to show.

>
> >> ...Alan
> >> --
> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorerhttp://dts-l.com/index.htm

>
> >> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT), in
> >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "(E-Mail Removed)"

>
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> >How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
> >> >like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...


 
Reply With Quote
 
Alan Edwards
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      3rd Oct 2008
Well done! I wouldn't have picked that this millennium.

....Alan

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 14:28:30 -0700 (PDT), in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, prino <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The solution is patently obvious, NOT!
>
>Select 'New', enter the required non-showing extension, e.g. BAT and
>click on 'Advanced' and then 'OK', et voila, it appears!
>
>Robert
>
>On Oct 3, 9:02 am, Alan Edwards <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Sorry about that. I remember it worked in Win98 (Bit 1, byte 0 if set
>> removed the file type from File Types tab) and really should have
>> looked at it in XP before responding.
>>
>> ...Alan
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorerhttp://dts-l.com/index.htm
>>
>> On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 01:28:59 -0700 (PDT), in
>> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, prino <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I found a 'batfile' key, saved its "EditFlags" (were 0x00000430) and
>> >set them to 0x00000000. Rebooted.

>>
>> >ZILCH!

>>
>> >.BAT still doesn't show up...

>>
>> >Puzzled... (and ****ed off)

>>
>> >Robert

>>
>> >On Oct 2, 10:19 pm, Alan Edwards <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >> I assume you would have to change the EditFlags for each file type in
>> >> the Registry to allow them to show.

>>
>> >> ...Alan
>> >> --
>> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorerhttp://dts-l.com/index.htm

>>
>> >> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:26:56 -0700 (PDT), in
>> >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, "(E-Mail Removed)"

>>
>> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >> >How do I get this tab to show *ALL* extensions, including extensions
>> >> >like .BAT, .EXE etc, which do not show up now...

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Address book is not showing all contacts only one category is showing michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 11th Feb 2005 10:02 PM
Address book is not showing all contacts only one category is showing michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 11th Feb 2005 10:01 PM
Welcome screen showing/username with picture not showing =?Utf-8?B?QWxsYW4=?= Windows XP Setup 3 31st Jan 2005 04:59 AM
Outlook 03 showing new mail but not showing in inbox Aaron Microsoft Outlook Discussion 3 16th Mar 2004 08:18 AM
Showing two sets of folders and not showing tasks Sam Coburn Microsoft Outlook 4 2nd Jan 2004 06:49 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:24 AM.