PC Review

Excel VBA - Send workbook as attachment - OS X

27th May 2007
I am desprately seeking a way to send an Excel workbook as an attachment to WHATEVER the default mail program is.

I have a cross platform file - If the user is on a Windows system, there are lots of easy ways to send email. However, when the user is on a Mac OS X machine, the default mail options do not work (because they are linked to Outlook). SO... here's what I've tried...

ActiveWorkbook.FollowHyperlink _
"(E-Mail Removed)" & _
"?subject=I have a dream.." & _
"&body=That one day soon this will work!"

Great. Calls up the default mail program. But - doesn't attach the current workbook.

2. Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSendMail).Show

This is what excel generates what I record a macro to send workbook as attachment. But - when I play it back, it generates a runtime error and claims that xlDialogSendMail isn't valid.

HELP!!! There has to be SOMEONE out there who knows how to send an excel workbook on a Mac....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: