Excel spreadsheet linked into a word doc a compound document?

=?Utf-8?B?TWVnaGFuUXVlcnJ5?=

      25th Jun 2007
I am working with compound documents and I am not sure if an external excel
spreadsheet linked into a word document can be a compound document. Why or
why not? Please explain because I am so lost.

=?Utf-8?B?VG9wcGVycw==?=

      25th Jun 2007
Given the defintion below, I (no expert!) would say yes.

In computing, a compound document is a document type typically produced
using word processing software, and is a regular text document intermingled
with e.g. spreadsheets, pictures, digital videos, digital audio, and other
multimedia features. It can also be used to collect several documents into
one.

"MeghanQuerry" wrote:

> I am working with compound documents and I am not sure if an external excel
> spreadsheet linked into a word document can be a compound document. Why or
> why not? Please explain because I am so lost.

New Member

      12th Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by =?Utf-8?B?TWVnaGFuUXVlcnJ5?=