Excel record limit?

Luis Miguel

      20th Nov 2003
Can somebody confirm that Excel has a limit of 50.000 records? (Excel 2000
or Excel 2003)

Harald Staff

      20th Nov 2003
If you by record mean row, the limit is exactly 65536.

--
HTH. Best wishes Harald
Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Luis Miguel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can somebody confirm that Excel has a limit of 50.000 records? (Excel 2000
> or Excel 2003)

David McRitchie

      20th Nov 2003
Hi Luis,

Expect you mean 65,536 rows, which is the maximum rows that have
ever been in Excel and is true for in Excel 2000 and Excel 2003
which you asked about. (I see Harald beat me, what I lack in quality
I'll try to make up for in quantity).

You can read about Specific Limits in the Excel Help.
HELP (F1), index (tab), specification
---
HTH,

"Luis Miguel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can somebody confirm that Excel has a limit of 50.000 records? (Excel 2000
> or Excel 2003)

David McRitchie

      20th Nov 2003
The quality could have been improved if I spelled words correctly the
first time instead of accepting the offerings of the spell checker.
I meant "Specification Limits" rather than "specific limits".

> You can read about Specific Limits in the Excel Help.
> HELP (F1), index (tab), specification

Luis Miguel

      21st Nov 2003
Thanks. Is there any way to pass this limit?

"David McRitchie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The quality could have been improved if I spelled words correctly the
> first time instead of accepting the offerings of the spell checker.
> I meant "Specification Limits" rather than "specific limits".
>

> > You can read about Specific Limits in the Excel Help.
> > HELP (F1), index (tab), specification

Harald Staff

      21st Nov 2003
"Luis Miguel" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. Is there any way to pass this limit?

No.
No as in "not with Excel". You might try Quattro Pro, a Database program or
a plain oldfashioned text file instead.

Best wishes Harald