Excel pivot pointing to access

we7dude@hotmail.com

      26th Jan 2011
There is an access database that I update daily, and there is a excel
pivot pointing to it. as soon as someone have the excel open, I become
a read only in access, which is no letting me to update. any idea how
to do like kick people off the access file (telling people physically
is not possible). thanks a bunch..

Ed Robichaud

      28th Jan 2011
Opening the *.LDB file in an editor (like Note Pad) will let you see who's
logged in. You could email or IM them. FMS (and others) have some
management tools that will handle identifying and notifying users.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...