excel-hrs spreadsheet-work 8:15 - 5:30 (how calculate total hrs?)

=?Utf-8?B?SGFycmlz?=

      14th Mar 2006
I am trying to create a database that will show how many hours I work per day
/ per week. I want to put in the time I begin work (example - 8:15) and the
time I leave (example 5:45) and have it show that I worked 9.5 hours. I've
tried military time, I've tried formatting time as numbers. Can't get it to
work with the 60 minutes per hour. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Don Guillett

      14th Mar 2006
one way to try where m12 is the start and m13 is the end

=(M13-M12+IF(M13<M12,0.5))*24

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Harris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to create a database that will show how many hours I work per
>day
> / per week. I want to put in the time I begin work (example - 8:15) and
> the
> time I leave (example 5:45) and have it show that I worked 9.5 hours.
> I've
> tried military time, I've tried formatting time as numbers. Can't get it
> work with the 60 minutes per hour. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Irina

      14th Mar 2006

please use this reference:

http://cpearson.com/excel/distribdates.htm