In Excel, how do I get blank rows and columns to print?

cvfc the dj

      29th Mar 2008
I'm working on a simple, one page spread sheet, and want to print extra blank
cells
on the bottom and to the right of my data cells. Say 10 extra blank rows on
the bottom and 3 extra blank rows to the right.

what do I need to do so the blank rows will print?
thanks very much for any help.
Go Tribe.

Pete_UK

      29th Mar 2008
Are you printing gridlines or borders for those empty cells? If not,
then nothing will show on the printout.

If you are, then all you need to do is make your print area larger.
Highlight the cells that you want to print (including the blanks) and
click on File | Print Area | Set Print Area.

Now if you do File | Print Preview you can see what the effect will
be.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 29, 2:23*pm, cvfc the dj <cvfc the
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm working on a simple, one page spread sheet, and want to print extra blank
> cells
> on the bottom and to the right of my data cells. Say 10 extra blank rows on
> the bottom and 3 extra blank rows to the right.
>
> what do I need to do so the blank rows will print?
> thanks very much for any help.
> Go Tribe.

Jim May

      29th Mar 2008
include such in your page setup print area, maybe?

"cvfc the dj" wrote:

> I'm working on a simple, one page spread sheet, and want to print extra blank
> cells
> on the bottom and to the right of my data cells. Say 10 extra blank rows on
> the bottom and 3 extra blank rows to the right.
>
> what do I need to do so the blank rows will print?
> thanks very much for any help.
> Go Tribe.

Dave Peterson

      29th Mar 2008
You could change the print area.

In xl2003, you can:
Select the area to print
File|print area|set print area

But if you want to just let excel determine the print range, you could put
something in the bottom right corner.

I like to use a formula that makes the cell look empty:
=""

It's enough for me to notice and remember why it's there.

--

Dave Peterson

Bruce Sinclair

      2nd Apr 2008
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Pete_UK <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Are you printing gridlines or borders for those empty cells? If not,
>then nothing will show on the printout.
>
>If you are, then all you need to do is make your print area larger.
>Highlight the cells that you want to print (including the blanks) and
>click on File | Print Area | Set Print Area.
>
>Now if you do File | Print Preview you can see what the effect will
>be.

Alternatively, you could put a small (or maybe an unprintable ?) character
in the cell you want it to print to. I use a "." for this.

GS

      31st Aug 2011
It happens that juanita fancher formulated :
> I need blank monthly household budget forms can you help

I don't see what this has to do with printing blank rows/columns, so
why not start a new topic?

Anyway, try here...

http://www.spreadsheetzone.com/searc...ehold%20budget

--