Excel: How do I auto expand Cells to show all the wrapped text?

=?Utf-8?B?RG9ubmFUeXBlczAx?=

      13th Jun 2007
Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

      13th Jun 2007
Format>Rows>Autofit with cells set to Wrap Text under Format>Cells>Alignment

NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
code to change row heights.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:22:00 -0700, DonnaTypes01
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
>without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?
>
>Thanks

Laisviak

      10th Apr 2008
Hi,

I done all but still not working

Help
Laisvune

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Format>Rows>Autofit with cells set to Wrap Text under Format>Cells>Alignment
>
> NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
> code to change row heights.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:22:00 -0700, DonnaTypes01
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
> >without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?
> >
> >Thanks

AnnieB

      12th Sep 2008
I don't see a reply to "Laisviak" last question, so I am replying in the
hope of getting an answer. I too have done all I can to adjust row height
and wrap text, but it is not working.

I have Outlook 2007, cells are all formated to Text, wrap, allignment
general and top

Some of the cells wrap and auto height the rows to show all of the text

Some of the cells will not auto height the rows and if I manually expand the
row using my cursor, the text still does not show. It only shows when I
double click the cell.

I have hightlighted all rows and chose auto-row height and still some cells
will not adjust.

Thanks

"Laisviak" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I done all but still not working
>
> Help
> Laisvune
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > Format>Rows>Autofit with cells set to Wrap Text under Format>Cells>Alignment
> >
> > NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
> > code to change row heights.
> >

> > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
> >
> > On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:22:00 -0700, DonnaTypes01
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Trying to make row heights change to accommodate varying amounts of text
> > >without manually adjusting the row height. Is there a setting I can use?
> > >
> > >Thanks

KarenS in Mich

      25th Nov 2008

"AnnieB" wrote:

> I don't see a reply to "Laisviak" last question, so I am replying in the
> hope of getting an answer. I too have done all I can to adjust row height
> and wrap text, but it is not working.
>
> I have Outlook 2007, cells are all formated to Text, wrap, allignment
> general and top
>
> Some of the cells wrap and auto height the rows to show all of the text
>
> Some of the cells will not auto height the rows and if I manually expand the
> row using my cursor, the text still does not show. It only shows when I
> double click the cell.
>
> I have hightlighted all rows and chose auto-row height and still some cells
> will not adjust.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Laisviak" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I done all but still not working
> >
> > Help
> > Laisvune
> >
> > "Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> > > Format>Rows>Autofit with cells set to Wrap Text under Format>Cells>Alignment
> > >
> > > NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
> > > code to change row heights.
> > >

> > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

KarenS in Mich

      25th Nov 2008
I'm having the same problem as AnnieB. Have auto row height set, word wrap,
etc. Have not maxed out in the # characters/cell. Auto height worked when
only approx 50 characters, but now, as more text added, only getting the ####
error -- even when manually increasing the row height. Can see the actual
text when the cell is double clicked.

Please - does someone have a solution? Am using home version Excel 2007 and
Vista OS.

"AnnieB" wrote:

> I don't see a reply to "Laisviak" last question, so I am replying in the
> hope of getting an answer. I too have done all I can to adjust row height
> and wrap text, but it is not working.
>
> I have Outlook 2007, cells are all formated to Text, wrap, allignment
> general and top
>
> Some of the cells wrap and auto height the rows to show all of the text
>
> Some of the cells will not auto height the rows and if I manually expand the
> row using my cursor, the text still does not show. It only shows when I
> double click the cell.
>
> I have hightlighted all rows and chose auto-row height and still some cells
> will not adjust.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Laisviak" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I done all but still not working
> >
> > Help
> > Laisvune
> >
> > "Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> > > Format>Rows>Autofit with cells set to Wrap Text under Format>Cells>Alignment
> > >
> > > NOTE: if you are using "merged cells" autofit will not work and needs VBA event
> > > code to change row heights.
> > >

> > > Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

New Member

      24th Mar 2010
Ok i found the solution, i feel kinda smart right now. I assume the cell formating is set to text as it should be. change it to special.. that'll do... go figure. JP out