Excel Advanced filter - Filtering using dates

rm

      19th Jan 2009
Can someone pleased help. I wish to used the advanced filter to filter
results between 2 seperate dates in a worksheet. For example I wish to
display all rows where the date lies between 01/01/2008 and 31/03/2008. What
is the format for the filter criteria and should the criteria be on one row
or 2? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
--
Thankyou RM

Ron de Bruin

      19th Jan 2009
Hi

One row

For Example in A1 and B1 the Column Name and in
A2 and B2 the criteria and the dates.

Use the US date format

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone pleased help. I wish to used the advanced filter to filter
> results between 2 seperate dates in a worksheet. For example I wish to
> display all rows where the date lies between 01/01/2008 and 31/03/2008. What
> is the format for the filter criteria and should the criteria be on one row
> or 2? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> --
> Thankyou RM

JB

      19th Jan 2009
Dates Data Base in B2:Bxxx

FisrtDate In F2
LastDate In G2

Criteria: D12
Formula in D2: =And(B2>=$F$2,B2<=$G$2)

http://cjoint.com/?bvrISc1MjG

JB
http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr

On 19 jan, 17:16, rm <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can someone pleased help. I wish to used the advanced filter to filter
> results between 2 seperate dates in a worksheet. For example I wish to
> display all rows where the date lies between 01/01/2008 and *31/03/2008.. What
> is the format for the filter criteria and should the criteria be on one row
> or 2? *Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> --
> Thankyou RM

rm

      19th Jan 2009
Thanks Ron,

It doesn't seem to work so I am a little confused. All the dates in the
spreadsheet are in column A so presumable date criteria needs also to be in
column A in the criteria range. Can you give an example of a suitable formula
or format for the criteria?

--
Thankyou RM

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

> Hi
>
> One row
>
> For Example in A1 and B1 the Column Name and in
> A2 and B2 the criteria and the dates.
>
> Use the US date format
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can someone pleased help. I wish to used the advanced filter to filter
> > results between 2 seperate dates in a worksheet. For example I wish to
> > display all rows where the date lies between 01/01/2008 and 31/03/2008. What
> > is the format for the filter criteria and should the criteria be on one row
> > or 2? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> > --
> > Thankyou RM

xlmate

      19th Jan 2009
try using Custom Filter,

1. Choose Filter under Data on the menu bar
2. Click on the filter arrow
3. Choose Custom
4. click on the first drop down and select is greater than or equal to
5. click on the drop down beside the first and choose your date
6. tick And
7. click on the 3rd drop down below the first and select is less than or
equal to
8. click on the drop down beside the 3rd and choose the date
9. click OK

this will give the range of data between the dates you have specified.

HTH
--
Your feedback is very much appreciate, pls click on the Yes button below if
this posting is helpful.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"rm" wrote:

> Thanks Ron,
>
> It doesn't seem to work so I am a little confused. All the dates in the
> spreadsheet are in column A so presumable date criteria needs also to be in
> column A in the criteria range. Can you give an example of a suitable formula
> or format for the criteria?
>

> --
> Thankyou RM
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > One row
> >
> > For Example in A1 and B1 the Column Name and in
> > A2 and B2 the criteria and the dates.
> >
> > Use the US date format
> >

> > --
> >
> > Regards Ron de Bruin
> > http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
> >

> > "rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Can someone pleased help. I wish to used the advanced filter to filter
> > > results between 2 seperate dates in a worksheet. For example I wish to
> > > display all rows where the date lies between 01/01/2008 and 31/03/2008. What
> > > is the format for the filter criteria and should the criteria be on one row
> > > or 2? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> > > --
> > > Thankyou RM

Ron de Bruin

      19th Jan 2009
Hi

You critera range is four cells now and can be in any column you want
above your data range

Install EasyFilter if you want it easy
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks Ron,
>
> It doesn't seem to work so I am a little confused. All the dates in the
> spreadsheet are in column A so presumable date criteria needs also to be in
> column A in the criteria range. Can you give an example of a suitable formula
> or format for the criteria?
>

> --
> Thankyou RM
>

> "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> One row
>>
>> For Example in A1 and B1 the Column Name and in
>> A2 and B2 the criteria and the dates.
>>
>> Use the US date format
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards Ron de Bruin
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>>

>> "rm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Can someone pleased help. I wish to used the advanced filter to filter
>> > results between 2 seperate dates in a worksheet. For example I wish to
>> > display all rows where the date lies between 01/01/2008 and 31/03/2008. What
>> > is the format for the filter criteria and should the criteria be on one row
>> > or 2? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>> > --
>> > Thankyou RM

New Member

      23rd Feb 2010
I have a simplier low level question related to this. I have tried a number of things but cannot get it to work. I basically want to have an advanced filter that is less than or equal to a date that is input into a cell by a user ="<= 'A21"
The end result is that a user looks a front sheet, inputs a date into a cell, the advanced filter picks this up in a different sheet and filters the dates so that we only see less than or equal to that date. This then is the source date for a graph on the front sheet. I have tried everything but it is just not working the way it should.
I used ="<= 'A21" as the criteria where a21 contains a date in format mm/yy. Any help appreciated.
Thanks