Excel 2007 Pivot table refresh crashes

vr4

      24th Mar 2010
I have a pivot table linked to another 2007 excel file for the data. When I
select refresh with the data file open there is no problem but when I have
the data file closed excel crashes. This always worked in Excel 2003.

vr4

      24th Mar 2010
I solved the problem. I have been using the top radio button (select a table
or range) as in 2003 which is default but now we need to use the 2nd button
(us an external data source). It works very fast now.

"vr4" wrote:

> I have a pivot table linked to another 2007 excel file for the data. When I
> select refresh with the data file open there is no problem but when I have
> the data file closed excel crashes. This always worked in Excel 2003.

New Member

      6th Jul 2011
I abruptly began having this problem a couple months ago. The "external data source" button is not an option on my computer (greyed out), so how did you get it to work?