Excel 2007 opens xls file very slow. Why?

Ivancho

      18th Feb 2008
When I try to open xls file with Excel 2007 it opens very slow. What is he
solution for this problem?

NONE

      21st Feb 2008
I have found that the bigger the file size the slower Excel will open. The
best solution I can come up with for this problem is to use multiple
workbooks if possible.

"Ivancho" wrote:

> When I try to open xls file with Excel 2007 it opens very slow. What is he
> solution for this problem?

Mike S

      7th Mar 2008
Quoting (E-Mail Removed) (in response to Jalal's "Excel 2007 opening files
slow & errors"):
>>> I had the same problems with Excel either opening XLS and XLSX files
>>> slowly or not at all. I just fixed the file associations for both of
>>> them. Here is what I did.
>>>
>>> 1) Open an Explorer window and click Folder Option, then File Types.
>>> Scoll down to either XLS or XLSX file type (you need to do the same
>>> for both of them)
>>>
>>> 2) Once you has XLS (or XLSX) selected, then click Advanced.
>>>
>>> 3) Click on the OPEN action and then click Edit.
>>>
>>> 4) Under the Application to use box it probably says "....Microsoft
>>> Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e" or something similar. Replace the /e
>>> with "%1" (including the quotes). so it should now look like this:
>>> "...Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"
>>>
>>> 5) You can uncheck the "Use DDE" also.
>>>
>>> Once that is done close out of all those screen and try to open the
>>> XLS (or XLSX depending on what which one you changed) and it would
>>> open right up in Excel. This fixed the problems I was having.

Also take a look at Nick Hodge's suggestions.