Excel 2007 - Floating ToolBar

Craig Brandt

      17th Jul 2008
Hi Guys:

I wrote Macros in Excel 2003 that are being run on Excel 2007. I generate a
floating toolbar that works on my system just fine. When run on Excel 2007
it is tucked under add-ons and we cannot seem to make it float again. Is
this another one of those MS features? Or is there a way to get it back out
where it can be used, as I intended?

Craig

Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then
appearance, that were made with the release of 2007.

Ron de Bruin

      17th Jul 2008
Hi Graig

Not possible anymore
Maybe this is a option ?
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm

If not change the ribbon
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

> Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then
> appearance, that were made with the release of 2007.

Excel 2007 is the product of the feedback of users believe it or not.
More rows an columns is one of the biggest changes.

More CF and filter options and ..............................

Take the time to learn it and you will like it after a few months

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Craig Brandt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:iDPfk.16615$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Guys:
>
> I wrote Macros in Excel 2003 that are being run on Excel 2007. I generate a
> floating toolbar that works on my system just fine. When run on Excel 2007
> it is tucked under add-ons and we cannot seem to make it float again. Is
> this another one of those MS features? Or is there a way to get it back out
> where it can be used, as I intended?
>
> Craig
>
> Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then
> appearance, that were made with the release of 2007.

Craig Brandt

      18th Jul 2008

"Ron de Bruin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Graig
>
> Not possible anymore
> Maybe this is a option ?
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm
>
> If not change the ribbon
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm
>
> > Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then
> > appearance, that were made with the release of 2007.

> Excel 2007 is the product of the feedback of users believe it or not.
> More rows an columns is one of the biggest changes.
>
> More CF and filter options and ..............................
>
> Take the time to learn it and you will like it after a few months
>

> --
>
> Regards Ron de Bruin
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm
>

> "Craig Brandt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:iDPfk.16615$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Guys:
> >
> > I wrote Macros in Excel 2003 that are being run on Excel 2007. I

generate a
> > floating toolbar that works on my system just fine. When run on Excel

2007
> > it is tucked under add-ons and we cannot seem to make it float again. Is
> > this another one of those MS features? Or is there a way to get it back

out
> > where it can be used, as I intended?
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, what are the major improvements, other then
> > appearance, that were made with the release of 2007.

Craig Brandt

      18th Jul 2008
Ron:

Thanks for your reply. More columns? I guess that's reason to live with a
little pain.

Thanks again,
Craig