Excel 2007: disappearing chart sheets!

Dallman Ross

      26th Sep 2009
Hi, all,

I recently bought a new system and installed Office 2007 Ultimate.
I am running it under Windows 7 with a 64-bit install and AM2
processor. I had Excel 2002 before.

I have some complex workbooks with some sheets that are charts.
They are still in Excel 2002 compatibility mode. I had to touch
up some things on the charts to make them display right in Excel 2007,
but they look OK.

But I have a serious problem. When I save the sheets and exit,
then re-open them, the left-most sheet (chart only) is missing.
If I save that and exit, then re-open, the *next* chart/sheet
to the left goes MIA. I am at my wit's end.

I opened the workbook in Excel 2002 again and the missing
sheets/charts were there.

Please advise me on how I can resolve this!

Much obliged...

Dallman Ross

      29th Sep 2009
Is anyone able to help or give me a lead on this? I really would
appreciate it.

> Hi, all,
>
> I recently bought a new system and installed Office 2007 Ultimate.
> I am running it under Windows 7 with a 64-bit install and AM2
> processor. I had Excel 2002 before.
>
> I have some complex workbooks with some sheets that are charts.
> They are still in Excel 2002 compatibility mode. I had to touch
> up some things on the charts to make them display right in Excel 2007,
> but they look OK.
>
> But I have a serious problem. When I save the sheets and exit,
> then re-open them, the left-most sheet (chart only) is missing.
> If I save that and exit, then re-open, the *next* chart/sheet
> to the left goes MIA. I am at my wit's end.
>
> I opened the workbook in Excel 2002 again and the missing
> sheets/charts were there.
>
> Please advise me on how I can resolve this!
>
> Much obliged...

R Data Dude 7!

      16th Dec 2009
DUDE!

I think I just figured it out by mistake.

I was working on a .PDF and .XLSX at the same time.

Comment in Adobe is CTRL + 6
Must have pressed it in Excel

Try pressing CTRL + 6 and see if your graph comes back.

"Dallman Ross" wrote:

> Is anyone able to help or give me a lead on this? I really would
> appreciate it.
>
> > Hi, all,
> >
> > I recently bought a new system and installed Office 2007 Ultimate.
> > I am running it under Windows 7 with a 64-bit install and AM2
> > processor. I had Excel 2002 before.
> >
> > I have some complex workbooks with some sheets that are charts.
> > They are still in Excel 2002 compatibility mode. I had to touch
> > up some things on the charts to make them display right in Excel 2007,
> > but they look OK.
> >
> > But I have a serious problem. When I save the sheets and exit,
> > then re-open them, the left-most sheet (chart only) is missing.
> > If I save that and exit, then re-open, the *next* chart/sheet
> > to the left goes MIA. I am at my wit's end.
> >
> > I opened the workbook in Excel 2002 again and the missing
> > sheets/charts were there.
> >
> > Please advise me on how I can resolve this!
> >
> > Much obliged...

New Member

      29th Jan 2010
You da bomb! Using <ctrl> 6 did the trick and saved me millions of hours and heart attacks. Thanks are not enough!