Everything on my screen that should be white is now pink... HELP?!

=?Utf-8?B?RmhhdHRjYXR0?=

      7th Jan 2005
My monitor is pink everywhere that it should be white. I have no clue why or
how to fix it. I am not computer savvy. Can you help me fix it? My email
is (E-Mail Removed) if you prefer to contact me that way. I can also be
reached by phone at 443-789-8141. Please help! Thanks, Harry.

WTC

      8th Jan 2005
Try this

desk.cpl

select Themes>select Windows XP in the Theme drop down menu>Apply>OK

Good Luck

--
William

"Fhattcatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My monitor is pink everywhere that it should be white. I have no clue why
> or
> how to fix it. I am not computer savvy. Can you help me fix it? My
> email
> is (E-Mail Removed) if you prefer to contact me that way. I can also be
> reached by phone at 443-789-8141. Please help! Thanks, Harry.

Bruce Chambers

      8th Jan 2005
Fhattcatt wrote:
> My monitor is pink everywhere that it should be white. I have no clue why or
> how to fix it. I am not computer savvy. Can you help me fix it? My email
> is (E-Mail Removed) if you prefer to contact me that way. I can also be
> reached by phone at 443-789-8141. Please help! Thanks, Harry.

In all likelihood, all you need to do is replace the defective monitor.
If it's still under warranty, contact the manufacturer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

nospam.please@ualberta.ca

      8th Jan 2005
Bruce Chambers <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:#(E-Mail Removed):

> Fhattcatt wrote:
>> My monitor is pink everywhere that it should be white. I have no
>> clue why or how to fix it. I am not computer savvy. Can you help me
>> fix it? My email is (E-Mail Removed) if you prefer to contact me
>> that way. I can also be reached by phone at 443-789-8141. Please
>> help! Thanks, Harry.

> In all likelihood, all you need to do is replace the defective
> monitor.
> If it's still under warranty, contact the manufacturer.

Check the cable - wiggle it about a bit, especially at the ends near the
connectors, and try disconnecting and re-connecting the cable a few times
while watching the display. Maybe the connection has just come a bit
loose or there is a broken wire, and you are losing some of your
blue/green (leaving red).

If your monitor has color settings available from the front panel
controls, you could try adjusting them. Your blue/green guns may be
losing it, but you may be able to adjust them upwards again.

Note that I assume that the problem is with blue or green if you are
seeing pink (which means there is still red, but you are losing something
else). It is remotely possible that the problem is that the red is too
high, but there are less ways for this to occur.