Eventvwr error 1010 perflib dnsperf.dll

jan ake akesson

      20th Oct 2003
On a w2k server with our ADs internal DNS the eventlog
sometimes has the following error message.
The Collect Procedure for the "DNS" service in
DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\dnsperf.dll" generated an
exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data
returned by counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf
Data Block. Exception or status code returned is data
DWORD 0.
Always together with warnings about aspperf.dll,
infotrs.dll, ftpctrs2.dll and w3ctrs.dll

The server is fully patched included SP4. The only
reference I can find on Microsoft is KB266683 which
doesn't fit here.
Users now and then complain that their computer can't
resolve an address.

Kevin D. Goodknecht

      20th Oct 2003
In news:09aa01c3970a$b9be7600$(E-Mail Removed),
jan ake akesson <(E-Mail Removed)> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> On a w2k server with our ADs internal DNS the eventlog
> sometimes has the following error message.
> The Collect Procedure for the "DNS" service in
> DLL "C:\WINNT\system32\dnsperf.dll" generated an
> exception or returned an invalid status. Performance data
> returned by counter DLL will be not be returned in Perf
> Data Block. Exception or status code returned is data
> DWORD 0.
> Always together with warnings about aspperf.dll,
> infotrs.dll, ftpctrs2.dll and w3ctrs.dll
>
> The server is fully patched included SP4. The only
> reference I can find on Microsoft is KB266683 which
> doesn't fit here.
> Users now and then complain that their computer can't
> resolve an address.

This might help you.
http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?e...source=perflib

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Michael Johnston [MSFT]

      21st Oct 2003
This simply means that the perfmon counters for the objects mentioned were not loaded. This should not cause any functionality problems with the device in
question. This would cause problems for permon though if you wished to use perfmon to monitor these services. To fix this please refer to: 300956 How to
Manually Rebuild Performance Counter Library Values http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300956

You might try step 5 in the second section of this article first. At a command prompt type "lodctr <inifile>" where <inifile> is the name of the .ini file for the driver
that you want to reload. For instance, to reload "dnsperf.dll" type "lodctr dnsperf.ini" and press enter.

Thank you,
Mike Johnston
Microsoft Network Support

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.