Event Source:MRxSmb , Event ID:8003

=?Utf-8?B?U2FudG9zaCBLLg==?=

      5th Nov 2007
Hello

Seeking suggestion from expertise...

In one of our server we are getting the below error very frequently.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MRxSmb
Event Category: None
Event ID: 8003
The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ....
that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
NetBT_Tcpip_{04AE5417-6672-4574-. The master browser is stopping or an
election is being forced.

any suggestion from experts will help me to address this query.

Thanks in advance
Santosh K.

mrrcomp

      30th Nov 2007

HI santosh,

Did you ever find a solution/reason for the events you mention??

Regards

Meir R.
"Santosh K." wrote:

> Hello
>
> Seeking suggestion from expertise...
>
> In one of our server we are getting the below error very frequently.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MRxSmb
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 8003
> The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ....
> that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
> NetBT_Tcpip_{04AE5417-6672-4574-. The master browser is stopping or an
> election is being forced.
>
> any suggestion from experts will help me to address this query.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Santosh K.

uvirk

      5th Jun 2008
I am also looking for a permenant solution to this issue, for the time being
what I have been doing to resolve the issue is to stop the "computer browser"
service on the target machine shown in the error.
My question remains to Microsoft experts is there any permanent fix to this
or a hot fix which can be used....

Useful link as following: -
http://weblog.techdad.net/2007/05/09...d-8003-errors/

Thanks,
Virk.
06/05/2008

"Santosh K." wrote:

> Hello
>
> Seeking suggestion from expertise...
>
> In one of our server we are getting the below error very frequently.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MRxSmb
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 8003
> The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ....
> that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
> NetBT_Tcpip_{04AE5417-6672-4574-. The master browser is stopping or an
> election is being forced.
>
> any suggestion from experts will help me to address this query.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Santosh K.

ArtMinds

      9th Jul 2009

"uvirk" wrote:

> I am also looking for a permenant solution to this issue, for the time being
> what I have been doing to resolve the issue is to stop the "computer browser"
> service on the target machine shown in the error.
> My question remains to Microsoft experts is there any permanent fix to this
> or a hot fix which can be used....
>
> Useful link as following: -
> http://weblog.techdad.net/2007/05/09...d-8003-errors/
>
> Thanks,
> Virk.
> 06/05/2008
>

> "Santosh K." wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Seeking suggestion from expertise...
> >
> > In one of our server we are getting the below error very frequently.
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MRxSmb
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 8003
> > The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ....
> > that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
> > NetBT_Tcpip_{04AE5417-6672-4574-. The master browser is stopping or an
> > election is being forced.
> >
> > any suggestion from experts will help me to address this query.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Santosh K.

ArtMinds

      9th Jul 2009
I am repeatedly suffering the same problem on my Windows 2003 Small Business
Server, but the offending computer is an Apple Powerbook running OS X 10.4.11
.. So I believe the solution lies in making modifications to settings on the
Apple computer. Does anyone have the necessary changes that need to be made?
The Powerbook is connecting using a wireless access point on my Windows 2003
Server Active Directory network using a domain, not a workgroup.

"uvirk" wrote:

> I am also looking for a permenant solution to this issue, for the time being
> what I have been doing to resolve the issue is to stop the "computer browser"
> service on the target machine shown in the error.
> My question remains to Microsoft experts is there any permanent fix to this
> or a hot fix which can be used....
>
> Useful link as following: -
> http://weblog.techdad.net/2007/05/09...d-8003-errors/
>
> Thanks,
> Virk.
> 06/05/2008
>

> "Santosh K." wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > Seeking suggestion from expertise...
> >
> > In one of our server we are getting the below error very frequently.
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: MRxSmb
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 8003
> > The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ....
> > that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport
> > NetBT_Tcpip_{04AE5417-6672-4574-. The master browser is stopping or an
> > election is being forced.
> >
> > any suggestion from experts will help me to address this query.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Santosh K.

Dave Patrick

      10th Jul 2009

No idea really on the powerbook but for windows I would have said;

For the Windows NT'ish machines

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Browser\Parameters

Set all but the pc designated as browse master to;

MaintainServerList = "Auto"
IsDomainMaster = "False"

On the win9x machines (if any), Control Panel|Network, then on the
"Protocols" tab scroll down to "File and Printer sharing for Microsoft
Networks, then "Properties", then for the "Browse Master" property, choose
"Disabled"

and you'll have no more elections.

--

Regards,