Event ID: 11708 on any installation

Darin Wimbrough

      28th Oct 2004
I am trying to install Adobe Reader 6.0.1. It will start to install and when
it gets to the end it rollsback and an Event Log is made. Here are the
details on the Event Log:

Event ID:11708
Source: MsiInstaller

Product:Adobe Reader 6.0. -- Installation Operation failed

This happens with any program I try to install. I am on Windows XP Service
Pack 2.

Thanks,
Darin Wimbrough

Colin Barnhorst

      28th Oct 2004
Check the Adobe site and look for the support page. There is a place to put
in the error number.

"Darin Wimbrough" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to install Adobe Reader 6.0.1. It will start to install and
>when
> it gets to the end it rollsback and an Event Log is made. Here are the
> details on the Event Log:
>
> Event ID:11708
> Source: MsiInstaller

> Product:Adobe Reader 6.0. -- Installation Operation failed
>

> This happens with any program I try to install. I am on Windows XP Service
> Pack 2.
>

> Thanks,
> Darin Wimbrough

Kelly