Event ID: 1041

Date: 10/09/2008

Time: 09:05:52

User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Computer: DELL_M90

Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Leonard Grey

      11th Sep 2008
Your question does not contain all the required information needed for
us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you
have all the needed information and we'll try to help. This article:

"How to ask a question"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the
help you are seeking.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

David F. Sage wrote:
> Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
>

> For this, thank you David.
>

> Event Type: Error
>
> Event Source: Userenv
>
> Event Category: None
>
> Event ID: 1041
>
> Date: 10/09/2008
>
> Time: 09:05:52
>
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>
> Computer: DELL_M90

> Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
> {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
> most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Gerry

      11th Sep 2008
David

Use regedit to search the registry for
7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE. Select Start, Run, type "regedit"
without quotes, and hit OK. Use Edit, Find to search My Computer for
7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David F. Sage wrote:
> Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
>

> For this, thank you David.
>

> Event Type: Error
>
> Event Source: Userenv
>
> Event Category: None
>
> Event ID: 1041
>
> Date: 10/09/2008
>
> Time: 09:05:52
>
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>
> Computer: DELL_M90

> Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
> {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded.
> This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.

jimbo571@operamail.com

      11th Sep 2008
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:35:50 +0100, "David F. Sage"
<david.sage(22B2CC97717FBCAB31F541ED8F4E6C8)@btconnect.com> wrote:

>Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
>

>For this, thank you David.
>

>Event Type: Error
>
>Event Source: Userenv
>
>Event Category: None
>
>Event ID: 1041
>
>Date: 10/09/2008
>
>Time: 09:05:52
>
>User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>
>Computer: DELL_M90

>Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
>{7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
>most likely caused by a faulty registration.
>

>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If you Google * event id:1041 * ( without the stars ) , and look at
the heading closest to it .

David F. Sage

      13th Sep 2008
O/S XP Professional, SP3, Version 2002.

The Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp did
not help me.

A Google search did not provide sufficient information to help me correct
the problem.

A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value
not set)

I am not a professional computer person and would much appreciate your
understanding and simple advice, leading to correcting the problem.

For this, thank you.

"Leonard Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us
> to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you have
> all the needed information and we'll try to help. This article:
>
> "How to ask a question"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>
> will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the help
> you are seeking.
>
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> David F. Sage wrote:
>> Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
>>

>> For this, thank you David.
>>

>> Event Type: Error
>>
>> Event Source: Userenv
>>
>> Event Category: None
>>
>> Event ID: 1041
>>
>> Date: 10/09/2008
>>
>> Time: 09:05:52
>>
>> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>>
>> Computer: DELL_M90

>> Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
>> {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
>> most likely caused by a faulty registration.

Gerry

      13th Sep 2008
David

Use regedit to search the registry for
7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE. Select Start, Run, type "regedit"
without quotes, and hit OK. Use Edit, Find to search My Computer for
7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE.

What name does it put against the guid?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
David F. Sage wrote:
> O/S XP Professional, SP3, Version 2002.
>

> The Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp did not help me.
>

> A Google search did not provide sufficient information to help me
> correct the problem.
>

> A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value
> not set)
>

> I am not a professional computer person and would much appreciate your
> understanding and simple advice, leading to correcting the problem.
>

> For this, thank you.
>

> "Leonard Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Your question does not contain all the required information needed
>> for us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make
>> sure you have all the needed information and we'll try to help. This
>> article: "How to ask a question"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>
>> will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide
>> the help you are seeking.
>>
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> David F. Sage wrote:
>>> Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
>>>

>>> For this, thank you David.
>>>

>>> Event Type: Error
>>>
>>> Event Source: Userenv
>>>
>>> Event Category: None
>>>
>>> Event ID: 1041
>>>
>>> Date: 10/09/2008
>>>
>>> Time: 09:05:52
>>>
>>> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>>>
>>> Computer: DELL_M90

>>> Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
>>> {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded.
>>> This is most likely caused by a faulty registration.
>>>

>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

David F. Sage

      13th Sep 2008
Gerry.

I appreciate the quick reply; I copied the only information in 'regedit'
associated with {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE}.

Please explain how I should find the information you require, thank you
David.

"Gerry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> David
>
> Use regedit to search the registry for
> 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE. Select Start, Run, type "regedit"
> without quotes, and hit OK. Use Edit, Find to search My Computer for
> 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE.
>
> What name does it put against the guid?
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~
> FCA
> Stourport, England
> Enquire, plan and execute
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> David F. Sage wrote:
>> O/S XP Professional, SP3, Version 2002.
>>

>> The Help and Support Center at
>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp did not help me.
>>

>> A Google search did not provide sufficient information to help me
>> correct the problem.
>>

>> A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in
>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
>> NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value
>> not set)
>>

>> I am not a professional computer person and would much appreciate your
>> understanding and simple advice, leading to correcting the problem.
>>

>> For this, thank you.
>>

>> "Leonard Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Your question does not contain all the required information needed
>>> for us to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make
>>> sure you have all the needed information and we'll try to help. This
>>> article: "How to ask a question"
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
>>>
>>> will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide
>>> the help you are seeking.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Leonard Grey
>>> Errare humanum est

nass

      13th Sep 2008

David
It seems to me like a mismatch in the group policy on your machine or Audit!
I had similar problem with a user with a Viral infection. The only way
solved after cleaning the infection is to create a new user account and test
on that and see if the error will be logged in the Event Viewer.

How to Identify a Damaged User Profile and Create a New Profile
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
Let us know if that helped.
nass

"David F. Sage" wrote:

> O/S XP Professional, SP3, Version 2002.
>

> The Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp did
> not help me.
>

> A Google search did not provide sufficient information to help me correct
> the problem.
>

> A Registry search finds 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE in
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions/7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE/Default/REG_SZ/(value
> not set)
>

> I am not a professional computer person and would much appreciate your
> understanding and simple advice, leading to correcting the problem.
>

> For this, thank you.
>

> "Leonard Grey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us
> > to help you. Please re-write your question, this time make sure you have
> > all the needed information and we'll try to help. This article:
> >
> > "How to ask a question"
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> >
> > will help you to create a question that is more likely to provide the help
> > you are seeking.
> >
> > ---
> > Leonard Grey
> > Errare humanum est
> >
> > David F. Sage wrote:
> >> Please explain in simple words, how I should correct the problem.
> >>

> >> For this, thank you David.
> >>

> >> Event Type: Error
> >>
> >> Event Source: Userenv
> >>
> >> Event Category: None
> >>
> >> Event ID: 1041
> >>
> >> Date: 10/09/2008
> >>
> >> Time: 09:05:52
> >>
> >> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> >>
> >> Computer: DELL_M90

> >> Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
> >> {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
> >> most likely caused by a faulty registration.
> >>

> >> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> >> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

dutch55

      14th Sep 2008

> Event ID: 1041
>
> Date: 10/09/2008
>
> Time: 09:05:52
>
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>
> Computer: DELL_M90

> Windows cannot query DllName registry entry for
> {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE} and it will not be loaded. This is
> most likely caused by a faulty registration.

David,

Were there any other Event ID 1041 messages with a different string between
the braces?

Did you install and remove Internet Explorer 8 Beta? If so, it is highly
likely it is bug in the Microsoft IE8 uninstall procedure.

Gerry

      14th Sep 2008
David

The guid 7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE represents a programme or
process. If you search My Computer using Edit, Find it will take you to
the references to the guid in the Registry. An examination of the keys
you find often / usually gives you the name of the programme / process.
If you can provide that detail there is a better chance of getting to
the meaning of the error report.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry