Event ID 1035 and 1065 after Registery Permissions change

=?Utf-8?B?QVogU3RldmU=?=

      9th Oct 2005
We had a new Server 2003 installation which was up and running fine with
Terminal Services 5 clients. Woring with an ACT Var we installed the new ACT
8.0 installation on the server. When attemping to configure integration with
outlook (Exchange 2003 running on new SBS2003 server) we got errors and
outllook froze up. The var suggested the following to remedy the freezing:
We need to give them full access to certain parts of the "C" drive and the
registry. Let's start with these areas:

1) On the C drive give them full admin rights to "C:\act" and to "C:\program
files\act"

2) In the registry, give them full admin rights to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT,
HKLM\Software\ACT, and HKLM\Software\Symantec\ACT.

I implemented the first section and tied loging in as a user and could now
configure outllool succeffully and open the outlook mailbox. But when i
attempted to send a message, it froze again with a message "Syncronizing item
1 of 1". I then made the registery entries listed in step 2 on the server.
Then when i loged in their desktops were complelty blank without icons start
toolbar etc. I went back to the registery and took back the write
permissions to the listed entries, and loged out their sessions, but when i
logged back in, same thing. After rebooting the server. The admin session
was also blank. I found that waiting about 10 minutes, the screen did appear.
but very unresponsive. I logged into the SBS2003 box and through manage
other server found the followin errors in the applicaiton log:

Event ID 1030, source User env. Windows cannont query fo the list of Gropu
Policy objects. Check the event log for possible messages previously logged
by the policy engine taht descripbes the reason for this.

Event ID 1065, Source: User env: Windows cannont perform filter check for
Group Policy object CN_ {0227ED4A-3422-4690-9D06-530A65A1E0D8}, CN-Ploicies,
CN-System, DC-desire, DC-Local, Group policy processing aborted.

Any help on this greatly appreciated. They have people planning on working
in the morning and there is nothing to log into at this point.

=?Utf-8?B?QVogU3RldmU=?=

      10th Oct 2005
Please note: I incorrectly stated Event ID 1035 it is 1030.