EUniverse Updater

sondra

      16th Jul 2005
Spyware has found Euniverse and removed it every time it
has run. Why can't the program get rid of it and it stays
gone? The file is in the regedit screen. i have deleted
that file as well. still no luck.
sondra

Engel

      16th Jul 2005
Open Microsoft AntiSpyware and send a suspected spyware
report from the Tools Menu.

For maximum effectiveness, proceed as follows:

Update your Microsoft Antispyware definitions. Is your
antivirus application also up to date?

Restart the machine in safe mode and Login as Administrator

Empty your IE cache and your other temporary file folders,
eg: c:\temp, c:\windows\temp or C:\Documents and
Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Temp (the path to your temp
folder will change depending on your name) - sometimes
programmes can be hidden in there - watch out for
mysterious *.exe files or *.dll files in those folders.

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Open Internet Explorer
Select Tools > Internet Options
In the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete
Files button
Check Delete all offline content, and then click OK

Go to IE Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files
{Settings Button}, View Objects, Downloaded Program Files.
Check for unrecognised objects there.

Do a full, deep scan with Microsoft Antispyware (and,
ideally, your antivirus as well) Is your antivirus
application also up tē date?

wupdater.exe file information

The process Updater Application belongs to the software
Updater Application by unknown.

of "C:\Program Files\Common Files" (mainly C:\Program
Files\Common files\updater\). The file size on Windows XP
is 61440 bytes.

There is no information about the maker of the file. The
program is loaded during the Windows boot process (see
Registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\Run,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio
n\Explorer\User Shell Folders). File wupdater.exe is not a
Windows system file. The program is not visible. Program
listens for or sends data on open ports to LAN or
Internet. Therefore the technical security rating is 6%
dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

External information from Paul Collins:
"updater" definitely not required. eUniverse KeenValue
parasite related
Important: Some malware can camouflage themselves as
wupdater.exe, particularly if they are located in
c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the
wupdater.exe process on your pc whether it is pest.

Good luck

Engel

D@annyBoy

      16th Jul 2005
run MSAS in safe mode

While sipping a glass of wine, I read that sondra wrote in
news:031d01c589ad$5a0917a0$(E-Mail Removed)