Error using POOM with VB.NET

Kwan

      22nd Jul 2004
Hi,

I am trying to play around with POOM using VB.net whereby I
encountered an error during debugging

FYI,
I am using InTheHand.PocketOutlook.dll as my POOM wrapper to access
Pocket Outlook information

I did the necessary stuffs like adding reference, importing and
declaration

However the problem comes when i did the following

Dim l_poom as New Outlook.Application

When i tried to debug my application, debugger stops at the above
point with error stated below

An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occured
in InTheHand.PocketOutlook.dll

Any ideas ?

Chris Tacke, eMVP

      22nd Jul 2004
I'm betting you need to deploy an unmanaged DLL to the device as well.

-Chris

"Kwan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to play around with POOM using VB.net whereby I
> encountered an error during debugging
>
> FYI,
> I am using InTheHand.PocketOutlook.dll as my POOM wrapper to access
> Pocket Outlook information
>
> I did the necessary stuffs like adding reference, importing and
> declaration
>
> However the problem comes when i did the following
>
> Dim l_poom as New Outlook.Application
>
> When i tried to debug my application, debugger stops at the above
> point with error stated below
>
> An unhandled exception of type 'System.MissingMethodException' occured
> in InTheHand.PocketOutlook.dll
>
> Any ideas ?

Kwan

      23rd Jul 2004
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, but maybe i am a newbie in .NET coz' i am more
of a powerbuilder guy.

Can u teach me what is unmanaged dll ?
And how can i deploy it to my device ?

Thanks