An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\windows\system32\netsetup.cpl

sportygirl2171@gmail.com

      2nd Feb 2007
I recently have begun to experience receiving the following error when
trying to open my Control Panel on my Laptop (running Windows XP SP2)

An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel
file C:\windows\system32\netsetup.cpl

I tried to carry out the following workaround

Uninstall Visual IP InSight

1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
2. Click Visual IP InSight in the Add or Remove Programs list, and
then click Remove.
3. In the Confirm File Deletion dialog box, click Yes.

However when I search for 'Visual IP InSight' in the Add or Remove
Programs, it is not shown.

I am at a complete loss.

The error is very frustrating, as it will constantly pop-up until all
icons are showing. This happens more than 40 times, possible more...
and slows everything right down to a grind.

Can anyone suggest something.

Help!!!

Wesley Vogel

      2nd Feb 2007
Ask your ISP.

Uninstall this crap!

You receive an "Error occurred while Windows was working with the Control
Panel file" error message when you open Control Panel in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892890

Are you using Verizon? Or SBC?

netsetup.cpl is related to IPMON32. IPMON32 = IPMON32.exe

ipmon32.exe is an application from Verizon. It provides the user with
monitor diagnostic tools. It is known to consume large amount of resources.

[[Q: Is IP insight really needed?
A: No it's not necessary at all. It's a diagnostic tool that Verizon techs
can use to troubleshoot connection problems on your line. IP Insight is a
Quality of Service and/or diagnostic package - but it's not used by VOL at
this time - there's no back-end companion for tech support or NOC to use to
access it... It does send "phone home" data used to check latency and
network traffic occasionally, but like any other features that it contains
are unused or not implemented.]]
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1247

IPMon32.exe seems to be related to spyware.

C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPMon32.exe

C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Visual IP InSight\IPHook32.dll

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> I recently have begun to experience receiving the following error when
> trying to open my Control Panel on my Laptop (running Windows XP SP2)
>
> An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel
> file C:\windows\system32\netsetup.cpl
>
> I tried to carry out the following workaround
>
> Uninstall Visual IP InSight
>
> 1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
> 2. Click Visual IP InSight in the Add or Remove Programs list, and
> then click Remove.
> 3. In the Confirm File Deletion dialog box, click Yes.
>
> However when I search for 'Visual IP InSight' in the Add or Remove
> Programs, it is not shown.
>
> I am at a complete loss.
>
> The error is very frustrating, as it will constantly pop-up until all
> icons are showing. This happens more than 40 times, possible more...
> and slows everything right down to a grind.
>
> Can anyone suggest something.
>
> Help!!!

sportygirl2171@gmail.com

      3rd Feb 2007
Hi,

I am not using Verzion. I have tried searching for the files

C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPMon32.exe

Can't find it in my program files

On Feb 3, 4:02 am, "Wesley Vogel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ask your ISP.
>
> Uninstall this crap!
>
> You receive an "Error occurred while Windows was working with the Control
> Panel file" error message when you open Control Panel in Windows XP SP2http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892890
>
> Are you using Verizon? Or SBC?
>
> netsetup.cpl is related to IPMON32. IPMON32 = IPMON32.exe
>
> ipmon32.exe is an application from Verizon. It provides the user with
> monitor diagnostic tools. It is known to consume large amount of resources.
>
> [[Q: Is IP insight really needed?
> A: No it's not necessary at all. It's a diagnostic tool that Verizon techs
> can use to troubleshoot connection problems on your line. IP Insight is a
> Quality of Service and/or diagnostic package - but it's not used by VOL at
> this time - there's no back-end companion for tech support or NOC to use to
> access it... It does send "phone home" data used to check latency and
> network traffic occasionally, but like any other features that it contains
> are unused or not implemented.]]http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1247
>
> IPMon32.exe seems to be related to spyware.
>
> C:\Program Files\Visual Networks\Visual IP InSight\SBC\IPMon32.exe
>
> C:\Program Files\Verizon Online\Visual IP InSight\IPHook32.dll
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Innews:(E-Mail Removed),
> (E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
>

> > I recently have begun to experience receiving the following error when
> > trying to open my Control Panel on my Laptop (running Windows XP SP2)

> > An error occurred while Windows was working with the Control Panel
> > file C:\windows\system32\netsetup.cpl

> > I tried to carry out the following workaround

> > Uninstall Visual IP InSight

> > 1. Click Start, click Run, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
> > 2. Click Visual IP InSight in the Add or Remove Programs list, and
> > then click Remove.
> > 3. In the Confirm File Deletion dialog box, click Yes.

> > However when I search for 'Visual IP InSight' in the Add or Remove
> > Programs, it is not shown.

> > I am at a complete loss.

> > The error is very frustrating, as it will constantly pop-up until all
> > icons are showing. This happens more than 40 times, possible more...
> > and slows everything right down to a grind.

> > Can anyone suggest something.

> > Help!!!- Hide quoted text -

Wesley Vogel

      4th Feb 2007
Do a Search for IPMon32.exe, see this...
HOW TO: Search For Hidden Or System Files In Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302347

If it shows up see what folder it's in.

Also Search for the files: armon32a.exe, arupld32.exe, ipclient.exe,
matcli.exe and sentry.exe. These are all part of InSight.