error occurred in script on this page

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBH?=

      9th Sep 2005
I get this message "error occurred in script on this page" on some sites.

Eample:
Line 408
char 9
'undefined' is undefined
code 0
url: file//c etc etc \.tmp

I have turned off script debugging and script error display on the advance
tab of ie.

I am running XP Pro with service pack 2...
I appreciate any suggestions you may have...mike

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

      9th Sep 2005
"Mike G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I get this message "error occurred in script on this page" on some
> sites.
>
> Eample:
> Line 408
> char 9
> 'undefined' is undefined
> code 0
> url: file//c etc etc \.tmp
>
> I have turned off script debugging and script error display on the
> advance tab of ie.
>
> I am running XP Pro with service pack 2...
> I appreciate any suggestions you may have...mike

1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ist/webdev.asp
Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP

Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
Internet Options and click Delete Files.

2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll

2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll

(WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)

3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

4. See also
Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
on This Page
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
Installing Office 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521

5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
extensions (uncheck & reboot).

5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
check for hijackware anyway):

Dealing with Hijackware
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBH?=

      12th Sep 2005
Thanks for your suggestions...I'll try them when I revisit my client this
week. I have already done #2 deleting files. Also, afterposting this message
I have been told that the problem only appears when using Yahoo and a new
version was installed on this PC.

Mike G

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE" wrote:

> "Mike G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
> > I get this message "error occurred in script on this page" on some
> > sites.
> >
> > Eample:
> > Line 408
> > char 9
> > 'undefined' is undefined
> > code 0
> > url: file//c etc etc \.tmp
> >
> > I have turned off script debugging and script error display on the
> > advance tab of ie.
> >
> > I am running XP Pro with service pack 2...
> > I appreciate any suggestions you may have...mike

> 1. You might want to refresh your scripting engine:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...ist/webdev.asp
> Windows Script 5.6 for Windows 2000 and XP
>
> Sometimes there's a corrupt file in the cache and one must go to Tools |
> Internet Options and click Delete Files.
>
> 2a. Start>Run>Regsvr32 vbscript.dll
>
> 2b. Start>Run>Regsvr32 jscript.dll
>
> (WinXP users who have problems with 2a and 2b, see
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers_9.htm)
>
> 3. Re-register all DLLs listed in http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
>
> 4. See also
> Error Message When You Browse the Web: An Error Has Occurred in the Script
> on This Page
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306831
> Scripting Errors When You View Web Pages in Internet Explorer after
> Installing Office 2003
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822521
>
> 5a. IE Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Browsing>Enable third-party browser
> extensions (uncheck & reboot).
>
> 5b. Find the hijacker that caused 5a to be checked (or if none were checked,
> check for hijackware anyway):
>
> Dealing with Hijackware
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
> http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm
>
> How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/sec...t/default.aspx

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBH?=

      28th Sep 2005
to Frank:
Thanks so much for your help...downloading the Windows Script 5.6 fixed the
problem. I tried several other recommendations from other tech exchanges etc
but none worked.

"Mike G" wrote:

> I get this message "error occurred in script on this page" on some sites.
>
> Eample:
> Line 408
> char 9
> 'undefined' is undefined
> code 0
> url: file//c etc etc \.tmp
>
> I have turned off script debugging and script error display on the advance
> tab of ie.
>
> I am running XP Pro with service pack 2...
> I appreciate any suggestions you may have...mike

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

      30th Sep 2005
"Mike G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> to Frank:
> Thanks so much for your help...downloading the Windows Script 5.6
> fixed the problem. I tried several other recommendations from other
> tech exchanges etc but none worked.

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE