Error message

Louis Mitton

      8th Sep 2003
When I start up the PC I get an error message that "an
error occured while trying to run
NewDotNet.dll,NewDotNetStartup"
This happened just after the worm virus hit us.
Everything seems to work OK except that when I click on
the Internet Explorer icon it takes some while before the
explorer opens.
I run Windows 2000 Professional on a mercer notebook.
No one else in our office with the same notebook and OS
have this file on their PCs.
The file NewDotNet3_36.dll is in the Winnt folder.
Can I delete this file.
Thanks
Louis Mitton
http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

James Burke

      8th Sep 2003
Greetings,

When you say "worm virus", are you talking about Sobig?

Have you gone through the complete detection/removal of
this (or whatever hit you) and ensured that your system is
clean?

The only mention I found for this reported problem was the
following:

http://www.bugtoaster.com/DW15/Repor...tionDetail.asp
?DefectID=112

I'd suggest that you ensure that it isn't related to what
hit you and, therefore, could be solved by AV software
first.

Also, check with your IT people before doing what this
article suggests!

Kindest regards,

James

New.net Customer Support

      8th Sep 2003
For accurate information and removal instructions, please visit
http://www.newdotnet.com.

New.net User Privacy and Technical Compatibility Practices and
Policies
Report as of June 26, 2003
http://www.new.net/PWC_NewNet_Softwa...est_Report.pdf

Customer Support