PC Review

PC Review (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/)
-   Microsoft Outlook Fax (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/microsoft-outlook-fax-f280.html)
-   -   Error message when sending and receiving the emails (http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/error-message-sending-and-receiving-emails-t1827127.html)

Andy 27th Sep 2003 07:23 AM

Error message when sending and receiving the emails

Hi,

I can't send and receive emails from the outlook and a
error message comes in "Task 'pop.pacific.net.hk -
Sending and Receiving' reported error
(0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'"

Please help!!!!

Thanks,
Andy

Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS] 30th Sep 2003 07:38 AM

Re: Error message when sending and receiving the emails

YOu appear to have either an Offline Folders file (.OST) or a Personal
Folders file (.PST) that has reaced it's storage limits. This article has
more info:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=304863
OL2002: Mail Delivery to Inbox Stops When the Personal Folder or Offline
Folder Is Full
(Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C):
'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'. 0x8004060C is a unique error code that is
designated for a failure to deliver to a .pst file Inbox because the .pst
file is full.)

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Andy" <bebe12800@yahoo.com.hk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I can't send and receive emails from the outlook and a
> error message comes in "Task 'pop.pacific.net.hk -
> Sending and Receiving' reported error
> (0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'"
>
> Please help!!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

sheril 5th Aug 2011 12:12 PM

Unknown Error 0x8004060C I found to come up in caseif the pst file get oversized and therefore no data are able to be accessed from the account. To access those data one has to fix oversized pst file and for that one needs proper way out to fix oversized pst file. PST split software provides the best solution that split the pst file into smaller file size and thereby one can access the data from the account with no mre error striking over the screen.

alecthomson 27th Mar 2012 06:35 AM

If you are in problem in sending and receiving mails then first of all you should take backup of your mailbox of Outlook by copying PST file of Outlook. The PST file located in C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook, folder just copy to some other place.

The second thing you need to know is take help of "SCANPST.EXE" tool which is a automatic software by Microsoft, do repair of your Outlook. If you are not able to perform such a task then it is better to take help of some automatic software in order to fix the problem of error in sending and receiving mail in your Outlook