Error Message: No Operating System Found

Holly Roche

      12th Jan 2004
I turned my PC on this am and a DOS prompt came up stating
the following error: "No Operating System Found." Can
anyone tell me what happened and how I can fix the
problem? Thanks in advance for any help!!

\Richard McCall [MSFT]\

      12th Jan 2004
If you do not have any floppy disk or bootable cds in the drives it sounds
like the System boot file are missing. Check that the bios sees your
harddrive

--
Richard McCall [MSFT]

rights."
"Holly Roche" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:079901c3d913$e5cc18b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I turned my PC on this am and a DOS prompt came up stating
> the following error: "No Operating System Found." Can
> anyone tell me what happened and how I can fix the
> problem? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Mark V

      12th Jan 2004
In microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin Holly Roche wrote:

> I turned my PC on this am and a DOS prompt came up stating
> the following error: "No Operating System Found." Can
> anyone tell me what happened and how I can fix the
> problem? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Could be many things and few of which can be solved by W2K cmdprompt
administration.

When you post to a another group be sure to include some detail. Like:
OS, filesystem, partitioning etc.

You could try booting the W2K CD and entering Recovery Console to see
if the disk, MBR et al. are visible...

Holly Roche

      19th Jan 2004
I used the system recovery disk as advised and that worked
fine and all was recovered. However, this morning, same
problem with the error message and the disks do not help
the situation. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Holly