error installing "processor type"

hawghead

      5th Jan 2008
I have verified my ver of XP, I have installed the WGAPluginInstall program
and I downloaded Defender.

When I attempt to install it I get the pop up "Installation Package not
supported by processor type"

I am unable to go past this message. Any ideas? I have had no problems
installing any other windows XP offered programs or updates.

Engel

      5th Jan 2008
Hello hawghead,

There are 2 downloads

One for a 32bit is named Windos Defender.msi

The other 64 is only for the 64bit OS. is named windows Defender64.msi

Which one you download?
Now try the other one

I hope this post is helpful, let us know how it works ºut.

Еиçеl
--

ANGER
Anger punishes itself.

"hawghead" wrote:

> I have verified my ver of XP, I have installed the WGAPluginInstall program
> and I downloaded Defender.
>
> When I attempt to install it I get the pop up "Installation Package not
> supported by processor type"
>
> I am unable to go past this message. Any ideas? I have had no problems
> installing any other windows XP offered programs or updates.

hawghead

      5th Jan 2008
Hey Engel thx, that fixed it. I had inadvertently dl the 64 bit ver. as you
suggested. THX

"Engel" wrote:

> Hello hawghead,
>
> There are 2 downloads
>
> One for a 32bit is named Windos Defender.msi
>
> The other 64 is only for the 64bit OS. is named windows Defender64.msi
>
> Which one you download?
> Now try the other one
>
> I hope this post is helpful, let us know how it works ºut.
>
> Еиçеl
> --
>

> ANGER
> Anger punishes itself.
>

> "hawghead" wrote:
>
> > I have verified my ver of XP, I have installed the WGAPluginInstall program
> > and I downloaded Defender.
> >
> > When I attempt to install it I get the pop up "Installation Package not
> > supported by processor type"
> >
> > I am unable to go past this message. Any ideas? I have had no problems
> > installing any other windows XP offered programs or updates.

Engel

      5th Jan 2008
Hello hawghead,

Glad to help and thanx for updating the thread.