error installing avast

D.

      14th Feb 2009
hello ,
i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
SETUP SELF EXTRACT
" an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
last operation was spawning ."
can someone help me with this ?
TIA ,
D.

Kelly

      14th Feb 2009
Try installing from the direct download and not from a saved install.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello ,
> i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
> SETUP SELF EXTRACT
> " an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
> last operation was spawning ."
> can someone help me with this ?
> TIA ,
> D.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      14th Feb 2009
Post here instead: http://forum.avast.com/

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tk%40sover.net

PS: I don't think install an anti-virus application now is going to help
with the hijackware problem that's disable System Restore (cf.
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37919).

2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):

logs in an appropriate forum.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

D. wrote:
> hello ,
> i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
> SETUP SELF EXTRACT
> " an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
> last operation was spawning ."
> can someone help me with this ?
> TIA ,
> D.

D.

      14th Feb 2009
thanks Kelly but it doesn't make a difference .
"Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Try installing from the direct download and not from a saved install.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
>

> "D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hello ,
>> i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
>> SETUP SELF EXTRACT
>> " an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
>> last operation was spawning ."
>> can someone help me with this ?
>> TIA ,
>> D.

D.

      14th Feb 2009
thanks
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Post here instead: http://forum.avast.com/
>
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tk%40sover.net
>
> PS: I don't think install an anti-virus application now is going to help
> with the hijackware problem that's disable System Restore (cf.
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37919).

> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
>
> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
> logs in an appropriate forum.
>
> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
> http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
>
> **Seek expert assistance in
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**
>
> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
> this
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> D. wrote:
>> hello ,
>> i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
>> SETUP SELF EXTRACT
>> " an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
>> last operation was spawning ."
>> can someone help me with this ?
>> TIA ,
>> D.

Kelly

      14th Feb 2009
Hmm, sorry about that. Good luck!

--

All the Best and Happy Mardi Gras,
Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks Kelly but it doesn't make a difference .
> "Kelly" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Try installing from the direct download and not from a saved install.
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP/DTS&XP)
>>
>> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>>

>> "D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> hello ,
>>> i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
>>> SETUP SELF EXTRACT
>>> " an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
>>> last operation was spawning ."
>>> can someone help me with this ?
>>> TIA ,
>>> D.

D.

      15th Feb 2009
FYI
the reason i was getting the error was
because i had a corrupt avast still installed .
i had to use the avast uninstall utility as
it would not remove in add / remove .
it installed with no problem .
hope this is helpful ,
D.

"D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Post here instead: http://forum.avast.com/
>>
>> cf.
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...tk%40sover.net
>>
>> PS: I don't think install an anti-virus application now is going to help
>> with the hijackware problem that's disable System Restore (cf.
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=37919).
>>
>> 1. See if you can download/run the MSRT manually:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/security/ma...e/default.mspx
>>
>> 2. Run this online scan (in safe mode w/networking, if need be):
>> http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/howsafe.htm
>>
>> 3. Run a /thorough/ check for hijackware, including posting the requested
>> logs in an appropriate forum.
>>
>> Checking for/Help with Hijackware
>> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
>>
>> **Seek expert assistance in
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30, or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If the procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> this
>> isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a local, reputable and
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> D. wrote:
>>> hello ,
>>> i'm trying to reinstall avast and i get the error ;
>>> SETUP SELF EXTRACT
>>> " an error : 3(00000003) has occurred .
>>> last operation was spawning ."
>>> can someone help me with this ?
>>> TIA ,
>>> D.

New Member

      26th Aug 2011
Had the same problem on a laptop using Windows XP

Avast was giving me this error message
Itunes and Citrix would just open and close the installer within 5 seconds
Altough other installation sur Adobe Reader would work

I did transfer the file from a USB key knowning it was working on the other computer...so it isnt the installation file...

Then i decided to reinstall the windows installer
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8483

Reboot

Would'nt work with the file on the computer from the USB key but i've downloaded the file from the internet again and now it works....

It may have corrupted the file from the USB key.... that laptop had a few bad sectors on the harddrive and i had to reinstall the system using the HP manager....

Works now

Last edited by jsutansweringonequestion; 26th Aug 2011 at 01:38 AM..