ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not delete from specified tables.

jwtulp@hotmail.com

      24th Nov 2005
Hi all,

I have some troubles with a DELETE statement in Access. Ik have a
ASP.Net application that uses an OdbcCommand. The CommandText is:
DELETE FROM people WHERE id = ?. I pass the id as parameter. I've used
the debugger to verify that an ID is passed to the query, so that's not
the problem. I can also execute the query directly in MSAccess, so the
query itself seems OK.

I think it is more likely that it is a permission problem. The problem
is, I've checked lots of things, and still it doesn't work (also not
after a iisreset). I run WindowsXP. My website runs at
c:\InetPub\wwwroot\mySite, and the database is located in
c:\InetPub\wwwroot\mySite\data\myDB.mdb. On the filesystem the
databasefile and the datafolder both have write permissions (readonly
attribute is off). The database itself has only 1 user, and this users
has all the rights possible (insert, update, delete, etc.). In IIS I
set the database directory security to both read and write and the
accesscontrol for the database directory is set to use the IUSR_
account for anonymous access.

So, what else can I do? I'm a little lost here, so any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks!

Jan Willem Tulp

jwtulp@hotmail.com

      25th Nov 2005
I found a solution: the ASPNET user didn't have enough permissions, so
I gave write permissions for the ASPNET user on the database file. Now
it works!

=?Utf-8?B?dGJlbmRz?=

      10th Feb 2006
Seems to be the same problem I'm having. How did you change the ASP user
permissions.

Thanks