Error Code 0x800CC0E

jmshramm

      21st Dec 2003
"unable to fetch headers"
"cannot find server"
error 0x800CCOE

How can I configure Outlook to send/receive e mail on a
wireless network without the above error message? My
laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

neo [mvp outlook]

      21st Dec 2003
the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"jmshramm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:023901c3c75a$f7246f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "unable to fetch headers"
> "cannot find server"
> error 0x800CCOE
>
> How can I configure Outlook to send/receive e mail on a
> wireless network without the above error message? My
> laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
> windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

=?Utf-8?B?am1zaHJhbW0=?=

      21st Dec 2003
yes I can ping, other other suggestions?

----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: -----

the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the server
name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.

"jmshramm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:023901c3c75a$f7246f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "unable to fetch headers"
> "cannot find server"
> error 0x800CCOE
>> How can I configure Outlook to send/receive e mail on a

> wireless network without the above error message? My
> laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
> windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

neo [mvp outlook]

      21st Dec 2003
mail server on your corporate network or are you going through a device to
an isp? the reason that i ask is that i have seen posts in the past where
linksys switched hubs and cable/dsl modem routers can corrupt data packets.
generally the end user has to reduce their mtu below 1460. might be
something you have to do in order to support a solid wireless connection.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.

"jmshramm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes I can ping, other other suggestions?
>
> ----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: -----
>
> the cannot find server part sounds like the laptop can't resolve the

server
> name. are you able to ping the server by name/ip address?
>
> --
> Neo [MVP Outlook]
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be

deleted
> w/out reading.
>

> "jmshramm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:023901c3c75a$f7246f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "unable to fetch headers"
> > "cannot find server"
> > error 0x800CCOE
> >> How can I configure Outlook to send/receive e mail on a

> > wireless network without the above error message? My
> > laptop connects to a server on a wireless network. Running
> > windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

      21st Dec 2003
going through a wireless lan to another device to isp.
How do I reduce my mtu below 1460?

wrote in message
>> news:023901c3c75a$f7246f10$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > "unable to fetch headers"
>> > "cannot find server"
>> > error 0x800CCOE

mail on a
>> > wireless network without the above error

message? My
>> > laptop connects to a server on a wireless

network. Running
>> > windows xp pro. Outlook 2002.

>.

neo [mvp outlook]

      21st Dec 2003
Open Regedit and go to:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

Under here there will be some folders with long alpha-numeric names (class
ids). Review each folder to find the one that has your currently assigned
IP address. Add a DWORD value named MTU and set it to 1460 (decimal). You
will need to reboot in order for this change to take effect.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:005801c3c7f6$6b9169c0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> going through a wireless lan to another device to isp.
> How do I reduce my mtu below 1460?

jmshramm

      22nd Dec 2003
thank you