Error bars, curve/line of best fit, axis help

jschlarb

      17th Sep 2008
I need help with putting the following into my chart:

1. Error bars (I have data)
2. Curve/line of best fit (one of each)
3. Making it so the axis only shows a certain amount of tick marks*

* This is what I mean:

My x-axis has the following data marks:

0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3,

and I want it to just be 1, 2, 3 without altering the position of the plots
on the graph.

Thanks
--
You're the best

Jon Peltier

      17th Sep 2008
First and foremost, make sure you have constructed an XY chart, not a line
chart.

Error bars:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html

Trendlines:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...rendline-type/
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...itting-errors/
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/200...ysics-problem/

Tick Spacing:
Double click the axis, and enter the appropriate values in the boxes.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions