Error accessing external object property XVALUES

sergio

      6th Feb 2007
Using Powerbuilder, I get an the following error:

Error accessing external object property xvalues at line 88......

My code is very simple:

ole_excel.Worksheets(l_engine).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Engine " +
string(l_engine) //Ok
ole_excel.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Engine"+
string(l_engine) + "!R2C1:R2C" + string(l_values) //Error!!!

I have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed in my machine.

Why I could not access XValues of SeriesCollection.

Have tried doing it running a macro in Excel directly with no luck.

Any help would be gladly apreciated.

Jon Peltier

      7th Feb 2007
If it's an XY or Line chart that doesn't already have valid data for the
XValues or Values (such that the series is not plotted), you may get this
problem. Set the series to a column or area type, manipulate the XValues and
Values, then change back to XY or Line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"sergio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using Powerbuilder, I get an the following error:
>
> Error accessing external object property xvalues at line 88......
>
> My code is very simple:
>

> ole_excel.Worksheets(l_engine).Activate //Ok
> ole_excel.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate //Ok
> ole_excel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Engine " +
> string(l_engine) //Ok
> ole_excel.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Engine"+
> string(l_engine) + "!R2C1:R2C" + string(l_values) //Error!!!
>
> I have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed in my machine.
>
> Why I could not access XValues of SeriesCollection.
>
> Have tried doing it running a macro in Excel directly with no luck.
>
> Any help would be gladly apreciated.

sergio

      7th Feb 2007
On Feb 6, 8:05 pm, "Jon Peltier" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> If it's an XY or Line chart that doesn't already have valid data for the
> XValues or Values (such that the series is not plotted), you may get this
> problem. Set the series to a column or area type, manipulate the XValues and
> Values, then change back to XY or Line.
>
> - Jon
> -------
> Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
> Tutorials and Custom Solutionshttp://PeltierTech.com
> _______
>
> "sergio" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Using Powerbuilder, I get an the following error:

> > Error accessing external object property xvalues at line 88......

> > My code is very simple:

> > ole_excel.Worksheets(l_engine).Activate //Ok
> > ole_excel.ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Activate //Ok
> > ole_excel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text = "Engine " +
> > string(l_engine) //Ok
> > ole_excel.ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Engine"+
> > string(l_engine) + "!R2C1:R2C" + string(l_values) //Error!!!

> > I have Microsoft Office 2003 Installed in my machine.

> > Why I could not access XValues of SeriesCollection.

> > Have tried doing it running a macro in Excel directly with no luck.

> > Any help would be gladly apreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, for your help. I have already found the answer myself. The
syntax is right what is wrong is the amount I was passing in the
column. Excel has columns limited to no more than 256 and rows no
more
than 65,536.

The error occurred when I tried to put a value on column 257+, So I
change the way we save input the data into excel from columns to rows
which has more space (65,536),

Thanks anyways, hope this will help somebody in the future.

Sergio

New Member

      10th Jan 2012
Hello

I have this Error in powerbuilder :

if ole_3.object.sourcecount <= 0 then //Error

Because I want to check with this programm if there is a scanner connected to computer.
But I have this error " error accessing external object property sourcecount "

Please can you help me ?

Last edited by Albert0; 10th Jan 2012 at 11:23 AM..