Error 3298:More than one table exists with same name

dram

      27th May 2008
I am connecting to Oracle database 9i using 'Microsoft ODBC for Oracle'.
I open MS-Access 2003->new file->blank database->create a new db->link
tables->
select 'ODBC databases' from filetype->select data source->ok.
I enter the username/pwd.
I get thru connection to the target(oracle) database and i can see all the
tables in the database.
I select one table and click 'ok'.

I get the error 'There are several tables with that name.Please specify
owner in the format 'owner.table'--Error:3298(when i click 'Help').

I use the same DSN for pulling data into my 'Excel Sheet'.It works fine.
I couldn't get more information online.

Can anyone please help me with this situation.

Nicholas Meyer

      27th May 2008
hmmm....intresting
"dram" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am connecting to Oracle database 9i using 'Microsoft ODBC for Oracle'.
> I open MS-Access 2003->new file->blank database->create a new db->link
> tables->
> select 'ODBC databases' from filetype->select data source->ok.
> I enter the username/pwd.
> I get thru connection to the target(oracle) database and i can see all the
> tables in the database.
> I select one table and click 'ok'.
>
> I get the error 'There are several tables with that name.Please specify
> owner in the format 'owner.table'--Error:3298(when i click 'Help').
>
> I use the same DSN for pulling data into my 'Excel Sheet'.It works fine.
> I couldn't get more information online.
>
> Can anyone please help me with this situation.

dram

      28th May 2008
I found that the table listing after the link had same table name twice like
'owner.tablename' and 'tablename'.when i selected 'owner.tablename' it worked.
Also when i tried to configure the DSN i typed my 'username'..'server'
selected options and unchecked 'Include synonyms in SQL columns' it worked
for both 'owner.tablename' and 'tablename'.
Can i uncheck 'Include synonyms in SQL columns' , any suggestions on this...