Error 25090 - Office Source Engine, system error 2147024893

jcswarriorprincess

      31st Jan 2008
I have not been able to install any updates Office Outlook 2003 for
approximately six months now. The event error suggests that I open
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for
"Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve the problem, which I
have done.

In attempting to resolve the problem, in Services and Applications under
Computer Management in Manage from My Computer, to start the Office Source
Engine, I get the following message: "Could not start the Office Source
Engine service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path
specified."

How do I fix this error without reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Professional
2003, and so that my updates can resume and install automatically?

jcswarriorprincess

      31st Jan 2008
By the way I am using Windows XP Home edition.

"jcswarriorprincess" wrote:

> I have not been able to install any updates Office Outlook 2003 for
> approximately six months now. The event error suggests that I open
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for
> "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve the problem, which I
> have done.
>
> In attempting to resolve the problem, in Services and Applications under
> Computer Management in Manage from My Computer, to start the Office Source
> Engine, I get the following message: "Could not start the Office Source
> Engine service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path
> specified."
>
> How do I fix this error without reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Professional
> 2003, and so that my updates can resume and install automatically?

jcswarriorprincess

      6th Feb 2008
Is anyone out there that can help me fix this? I really want to download the
updates for Office and Outlook. Please assist as soon as possible.

Thank you

jcswarriorprincess

"jcswarriorprincess" wrote:

> By the way I am using Windows XP Home edition.
>
> "jcswarriorprincess" wrote:
>
> > I have not been able to install any updates Office Outlook 2003 for
> > approximately six months now. The event error suggests that I open
> > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for
> > "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve the problem, which I
> > have done.
> >
> > In attempting to resolve the problem, in Services and Applications under
> > Computer Management in Manage from My Computer, to start the Office Source
> > Engine, I get the following message: "Could not start the Office Source
> > Engine service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path
> > specified."
> >
> > How do I fix this error without reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Professional
> > 2003, and so that my updates can resume and install automatically?

jcswarriorprincess

      12th Feb 2008
I really need some help here, can't anyone out there help me fix this?

"jcswarriorprincess" wrote:

> Is anyone out there that can help me fix this? I really want to download the
> updates for Office and Outlook. Please assist as soon as possible.
>
> Thank you
>
> jcswarriorprincess
>

> "jcswarriorprincess" wrote:
>
> > By the way I am using Windows XP Home edition.
> >
> > "jcswarriorprincess" wrote:
> >
> > > I have not been able to install any updates Office Outlook 2003 for
> > > approximately six months now. The event error suggests that I open
> > > C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM and look for
> > > "Office Source Engine" for information on how to resolve the problem, which I
> > > have done.
> > >
> > > In attempting to resolve the problem, in Services and Applications under
> > > Computer Management in Manage from My Computer, to start the Office Source
> > > Engine, I get the following message: "Could not start the Office Source
> > > Engine service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path
> > > specified."
> > >
> > > How do I fix this error without reinstalling Microsoft Outlook Professional
> > > 2003, and so that my updates can resume and install automatically?

TedDendinger@gmail.com

      26th Mar 2008
On Feb 12, 6:13*am, jcswarriorprincess
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I really need some help here, can't anyone out there help me fix this?
>

> "jcswarriorprincess" wrote:
> > Is anyone out there that can help me fix this? *I really want to download the
> > updates for Office and Outlook. *Please assist as soon as possible.

> > Thank you

> > jcswarriorprincess

> > "jcswarriorprincess" wrote:

> > > By the way I am using Windows XP Home edition.

Log on with Administrative privileges.
Right click on My Computer.
Select Manager.
Click on Services and Applications.
Select Services.
Find Office Source Engine and enable the Service.
Start the service

jcswarriorprincess

      26th Mar 2008
I've tried this Ted, it doesn't work. It won't allow me to make the
adjustment. That's why I've attempted to get some help on this.

Lily

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> On Feb 12, 6:13 am, jcswarriorprincess
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I really need some help here, can't anyone out there help me fix this?
> >

> > "jcswarriorprincess" wrote:
> > > Is anyone out there that can help me fix this? I really want to download the
> > > updates for Office and Outlook. Please assist as soon as possible.

> > > Thank you

> > > jcswarriorprincess

> Log on with Administrative privileges.
> Right click on My Computer.
> Select Manager.
> Click on Services and Applications.
> Select Services.
> Find Office Source Engine and enable the Service.
> Start the service

Patty

      30th Nov 2008
Ted,
After 7 hours of trying to fix my office outlook, your instructions finally
got my computer fixed!!! Thank you so much, and please, how can I vote for
you to be a Microsoft Most Valued Player??
best,
Patty