Error 1406 - FP2003 Installation

SwampRat_44

      10th Jan 2010
a. Running Vista with MSOffice 2007
b. FP2003 running successfully for many years on this PC
c. Uninstalled FP2003
d. Insert FP2003 CD (sealed in box when purchased - registered with
Microsoft ever since)
e. Part way through installation comes the following message:

Error 1406. Setup cannot write the value to the registry key
\CLSID\{13DE4A42-8D21-4C8E-BF9C-8F69CB068FCA}. Verify that you have
sufficient permissions to access the registry or contact Microsoft Product
Support Services (PSS) for assistance.

f. Never any "permissions" problems prior to this as only 1-person /
1-account stand-alone PC
g. Have run Registry & Junk files cleanup in hope this might help - negative.

Any thoughts on the cause / resolution of this problem would be appreciated.

SwampRat

Kathleen Anderson

      11th Jan 2010
SwampRat:

Try this and see if it helps: You receive an error message when you install
an Office program or open an Office program or document

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687/en-us FrontPage is not listed as
one of the programs it applies to, but it is an Office 2003 program.

Note that there is also a Fix It button on the page which should fix the
problem for you automagically.

--

~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - Expression Web