PC Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Error 1327.Invalid Drive: E:\

7th Feb 2010
I am trying to reinstall my HP printer on a freshly recovered Imaged drive.I have done it in the past wiithout a problem.
Now my computer either shuts down during installation of the HP printer,( allegedly an NT prompted shutdown) or it gives a message " invalid drive c:\" prompting me to go the HP support site.
In one of the postings of this forum, somebody suggested it might be a registry error, shifting the drive letter to an unexisting letter.
The Registry shows, however, the correct drive letter as G:\.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Ittiandro

12th Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdbearlady
Ok All....I was getting the following error message when trying to install software for an HP All in One L7780....

Fatal error

Invalid Drive E:\

Please go to http://www.hp.com/support for troubleshooting information about “Fatal Error” and “MSI.networkdevicemanager01”

I spent over 5 hours on the support chat with HP. They told me to do many different things....all things not working. They even asked me to correct value data for the registry key....this suggestion has been mentioned on this thread...

Well I think I found the simple fix....
I frequently use a flashdrive and when I do, it assigns the drive as DRIVE E.

So I tried to install the software with the flashdrive inserted in the USB port and BINGO! It worked like a charm.

If you have a similar issue...try this first. It might be the easiest fix.
My problem is an external hard drive. I cannot load CDs or in some cases cannot download software without having this dumb hard drive plugged in. The BIG problem is this hard drive has a bad connection and I have a really hard time getting it to come on. I am going to try a flash drive instead and see if that works.

Thanks,
BillyTee

9th Apr 2010
Just to confirm....... I too have been having Error 1327. Invalid Drive E:\ problems and I too have recently been using a memory stick a lot of the time, and I too have just tried inserting the memory stick before trying an update and IT WORKED!

Michael

10th Apr 2010
I still have to plug in the hard drive. The memory stick did not work
for me. Thanks a lot any way.

billytee

30th Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweighell View Post
Just to confirm....... I too have been having Error 1327. Invalid Drive E:\ problems and I too have recently been using a memory stick a lot of the time, and I too have just tried inserting the memory stick before trying an update and IT WORKED!

Michael
Thank you Michael. I was attempting to install a wireless adapter and kept getting the error 1327 problem, preventing the CD installation from completing. I tried many sites all suggesting messing with the registry (not too keen!). Happily I then came across this site with your advice. I put a memory stick into a USB port and everything worked fine!
Great advice and many thanks to you for taking the trouble to send in the solution.
Best wishes,
Marleon

11th Sep 2013
In the case of any invalid drive warnings plug in your jump drive go to admin tools & rename the jump drive "E" or whatever your invalid drive warning says, repeat your operation, this should fix it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: