G.T.Koning

      14th Jan 2005

I have downloaded Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta, but when I
try to run the program I keep on getting the message that
critical error (error 103) has been encountered. Who can
help me to solve this problem?

(E-Mail Removed)

Bill Sanderson

      15th Jan 2005
One user has reported that the solution to this error on his machines was
setting more inclusive permissions on the folders below \program files\.

One question would be how those permissions became restricted in the first
place, of course.

"G.T.Koning" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:031001c4fa21$8947b7e0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> I have downloaded Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta, but when I
> try to run the program I keep on getting the message that
> critical error (error 103) has been encountered. Who can
> help me to solve this problem?
>

> (E-Mail Removed)

Mark

      20th Jan 2005
So, how would one change these "permissions" in XP Home?

Bill Sanderson

      20th Jan 2005
I'm afraid I don't know.

One thing you might try is restarting in Safe mode, and logging in as
"administrator", and then doing control panel, add or remove programs,
microsoft antispyware, change...update (or is it update, change)--anyway,
the choice other than uninstall.

news:00ef01c4ff2f$df0fb1b0$(E-Mail Removed)...