error 0x8000ccc0e when sending & receiving e-mail

=?Utf-8?B?bGV2eW1lZ2Fu?=

      15th Mar 2005
I am unable to send/receive messages in Outlook 2000. The error number is
0x8000ccc0e. The message says that it is unable to connect to the server
(POP3). I have checked the all the server ports which are either 80 and 110
or 25 and 110. Please help me figure of the issue.
--
thank you, megan

Peter Foldes

      15th Mar 2005
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302339&sd=RMVP

--
Peter

Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
"levymegan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am unable to send/receive messages in Outlook 2000. The error number is
> 0x8000ccc0e. The message says that it is unable to connect to the server
> (POP3). I have checked the all the server ports which are either 80 and
> 110
> or 25 and 110. Please help me figure of the issue.
> --
> thank you, megan

=?Utf-8?B?bGV2eW1lZ2Fu?=

      15th Mar 2005
I found that yesterday. The only problems are that I don't h aveoutlook
express nor do I use MSN e-mail. So what can I do next?

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302339&sd=RMVP
>
> --
> Peter
>
> Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
> "levymegan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am unable to send/receive messages in Outlook 2000. The error number is
> > 0x8000ccc0e. The message says that it is unable to connect to the server
> > (POP3). I have checked the all the server ports which are either 80 and
> > 110
> > or 25 and 110. Please help me figure of the issue.
> > --
> > thank you, megan

Brian Tillman

      15th Mar 2005
levymegan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I found that yesterday. The only problems are that I don't h
> aveoutlook express nor do I use MSN e-mail. So what can I do next?

The concepts still apply. Try authenticating to your outgoing server.
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?bGV2eW1lZ2Fu?=

      16th Mar 2005
Ok - I must be an idiot because it is not working. I already had the
outgoing server authenticated. Do I need to change the server information
like in the resolution given by microsoft? If I don't everything is as
described.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> levymegan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I found that yesterday. The only problems are that I don't h
> > aveoutlook express nor do I use MSN e-mail. So what can I do next?

> The concepts still apply. Try authenticating to your outgoing server.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

      16th Mar 2005
levymegan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Ok - I must be an idiot because it is not working. I already had the
> outgoing server authenticated. Do I need to change the server
> information like in the resolution given by microsoft? If I don't
> everything is as described.

Make sure you're not scanning incoming and outgoing mail with a virus
scanner. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the AV without the option
to make it truly stop. Enable logging in Outlook and post the OPMLog.log
file here.
--
Brian Tillman

=?Utf-8?B?bGV2eW1lZ2Fu?=

      16th Mar 2005
It worked. Thank you.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> levymegan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Ok - I must be an idiot because it is not working. I already had the
> > outgoing server authenticated. Do I need to change the server
> > information like in the resolution given by microsoft? If I don't
> > everything is as described.

> Make sure you're not scanning incoming and outgoing mail with a virus
> scanner. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the AV without the option
> to make it truly stop. Enable logging in Outlook and post the OPMLog.log
> file here.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman

      16th Mar 2005
levymegan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> It worked. Thank you.

That's great.
--
Brian Tillman

ksb ksb is offline
New Member

      4th Aug 2011
Having the same problem. Can send email using a separate webmail client but Outlook Express under Windows XP is not working, giving me this error. Any ideas?

ksb ksb is offline
New Member

      4th Aug 2011
oh never mind figured it out. wrong SMTP server. DSL through ATT requires me to use their SMTP server, not my own.