Entire "New Connection Wizard" greyed out

Andrew M. Saucci, Jr.

      18th Nov 2009
I am running XP Professional with Service Pack 3. The entire "New
Connection Wizard" is greyed out, so that I cannot create VPN connections. I
already tried the suggestions in KB 329441 and KB 320558 to no avail. It
doesn't matter if I am an administrator or not. I have no intention of doing
a repair installation of Windows to fix something like this. I want it fixed
but it isn't worth the pain and risk of a repair installation. Does anyone
have any other ideas?

Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\)

      18th Nov 2009
It could be 3rd party software issue. For troubleshooting, try clean boot.
Also check this search results.
a.. xp sp
Jump to Connect using a dial-up modem or VPN option in the New
Connection ...?: ... Connect using a dial-up modem or VPN option in the New
www.chicagotech.net/xpsp.htm - Similar

a.. VPN connection unavailble
The option to create a VPN connection unavailable (grayed out) ...
Connect using a dial-up modem or VPN option in the New Connection Wizard is
unavailable ...
www.chicagotech.net/vpnissues/vpnunavailable.htm

--
Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE