How to enable Simple MAPI with Outllok 2003?

seve

      9th Nov 2005
Hello,

I've upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003; with older versions of
Outlook I was able, through am application I developed, to send new messages
through the use of Simple MAPIs; now, after the upgrade, the application I
developed doesn't work anymore; I've read that an administrator can
configure Exchange Server in order to enable certain users to configure this
setting: I'm on a stand-alome machine not connected to an Exchange Server:
how can I enable againg the use of Simple MAPIs on my machine?

Thanks in advace and Kind Regards

Severino

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

      9th Nov 2005
Outlook always provides support for Simple MAPI. WHat you are referring to are the security prompts that OUtlook displays when applications use Simple MAPI. As a standalone user, you have no option in Outlook to suppress them. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm for your options.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP