PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

How to enable bidirectional support

 
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Nov 2003
I use Win XP Home on a HP Notebook. In the printers
properties the "enable bidirectional support" is not
available (the box is grey). It is the same for LTP or USB
ports.

What can I do ?

Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Cari MS-MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Nov 2003
If connected by USB, the bi-directional should be grayed out. If connected
by LPT, you need to ensure that the LPT setting is set to EPP in the BIOS.

Cari
www.coribright.com

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:518d01c3ac5d$cc44e8f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I use Win XP Home on a HP Notebook. In the printers
> properties the "enable bidirectional support" is not
> available (the box is grey). It is the same for LTP or USB
> ports.
>
> What can I do ?
>
> Thanks



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      16th Nov 2003
Sure...

But it isn't !

Eric

>-----Original Message-----
>If connected by USB, the bi-directional should be grayed

out. If connected
>by LPT, you need to ensure that the LPT setting is set to

EPP in the BIOS.
>
>Cari
>www.coribright.com
>
>"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:518d01c3ac5d$cc44e8f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I use Win XP Home on a HP Notebook. In the printers
>> properties the "enable bidirectional support" is not
>> available (the box is grey). It is the same for LTP or

USB
>> ports.
>>
>> What can I do ?
>>
>> Thanks

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Alan Morris\(MSFT\)
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Nov 2003
Does the driver support bidirectional? If it does not, then the option is
not available

--
Alan Morris
Microsoft Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:52d401c3ac7e$a90093f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sure...
>
> But it isn't !
>
> Eric
>
> >-----Original Message-----
> >If connected by USB, the bi-directional should be grayed

> out. If connected
> >by LPT, you need to ensure that the LPT setting is set to

> EPP in the BIOS.
> >
> >Cari
> >www.coribright.com
> >
> >"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:518d01c3ac5d$cc44e8f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> I use Win XP Home on a HP Notebook. In the printers
> >> properties the "enable bidirectional support" is not
> >> available (the box is grey). It is the same for LTP or

> USB
> >> ports.
> >>
> >> What can I do ?
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >
> >
> >.
> >



 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      17th Nov 2003
It does. It is an Epson Stylus photo 870


>-----Original Message-----
>Does the driver support bidirectional? If it does not,

then the option is
>not available
>
>--
>Alan Morris
>Microsoft Printing Team
>Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;

[ln];kbhowto
>
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and

confers no rights.
>
>"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:52d401c3ac7e$a90093f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Sure...
>>
>> But it isn't !
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >If connected by USB, the bi-directional should be

grayed
>> out. If connected
>> >by LPT, you need to ensure that the LPT setting is set

to
>> EPP in the BIOS.
>> >
>> >Cari
>> >www.coribright.com
>> >
>> >"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:518d01c3ac5d$cc44e8f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >> I use Win XP Home on a HP Notebook. In the printers
>> >> properties the "enable bidirectional support" is not
>> >> available (the box is grey). It is the same for LTP

or
>> USB
>> >> ports.
>> >>
>> >> What can I do ?
>> >>
>> >> Thanks
>> >
>> >
>> >.
>> >

>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1
 
      13th Apr 2011
I had the exact same problem. Called support and spent an hour talking to someone in India, Got mad and hung up on him. Spent about 4 hrs trying different things. I updated all my drivers and problem went away. The crazy thing is apparently it was drivers for the LAN card. Worth a try...
Good luck and remember patience is a virtue !!!!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do I find enable bidirectional communication in print dialo. tdead Microsoft Word Document Management 1 25th Mar 2010 07:31 PM
Re: Lexmark X6170 and bidirectional support problem Jeff Rebeiro Windows XP Help 2 18th Aug 2004 07:28 PM
Re: Lexmark X6170 and bidirectional support problem Jeff Rebeiro Windows XP Performance 2 18th Aug 2004 07:28 PM
Enable Bidirectional LPT1: Glenn Windows XP Setup 1 4th Jan 2004 05:18 AM
enable bidirectional printing Caroline Hansen Windows XP Print / Fax 0 3rd Sep 2003 11:09 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:34 AM.